Here you go guys, as promised. Here is a quick video for you to check out the difference between the phone that researchers at RIM use and an "official" release will look like.

Enjoy

NOTE: I reserve the right to be wrong...

06-09-09 01:25 PM
    Wait isn't Vodafone a GSM carrier?
    06-09-09 01:28 PM
    hahaha I love the carrier tease at the end!
    Here you go guys, as promised. Here is a quick video for you to check out the difference between the phone that researchers at RIM use and an "official" release will look like.

Enjoy

NOTE: I reserve the right to be wrong...

HEEEYOoooh!!!
    Looks pretty sweet! Gratz on the 2nd Tour
    06-09-09 01:31 PM
    Okay, someone flashed the wrong carrier on that Tour. The Tour is a CDMA device, and Vodafone is a GSM carrier.
    06-09-09 01:34 PM
    Thanks for the videos.
    I find them informative and enjoyable.
    How does one get a pre-release phone let alone 2 pre-release phones. I would speculate each was free of charge. If only I were as special. Lucky man you are!
    thanks for remembering!
    06-09-09 01:35 PM
    How does one get a pre-release phone let alone 2 pre-release phones. I would speculate each was free of charge. If only I were as special. Lucky man you are!
    He had a couple pre-release devices before the Tour as well.
    06-09-09 01:37 PM
    doesn't verizon sell the storm with a voda sim? could be a good sign, or it could mean nothing.
    06-09-09 01:37 PM
    doesn't verizon sell the storm with a voda sim? could be a good sign, or it could mean nothing.
    It's a Verizon and Voda sim I think. But still if it was for Verizon, it would have Verizon branding on the screen, not Vodafone.
    06-09-09 01:39 PM
    Grats!

<-- Jealous!
    06-09-09 01:45 PM
    *jealous*

*looks at calendar*

uggh
    06-09-09 01:47 PM
    Yeah, cause a Vodafone logo on a CDMA device is rare...considering they own 45% of VZW and have CDMA services spread across the world as well as GSM.

Vodafone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    06-09-09 01:55 PM
    Wait isn't Vodafone a GSM carrier?
    Okay, someone flashed the wrong carrier on that Tour. The Tour is a CDMA device, and Vodafone is a GSM carrier.
    It's a Verizon and Voda sim I think. But still if it was for Verizon, it would have Verizon branding on the screen, not Vodafone.
    Yeah, cause a Vodafone logo on a CDMA device is rare...considering they own 45% of VZW and have CDMA services spread across the world as well as GSM.

Vodafone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Ok Bla1ze, I can't find the thread but isn't there one were a pic of a tour looked like there was vodaphone icon on the main menu screen??

Ausch, I wouldn't be surprised if this phone is released exactly like the storm was with GSM carriers outside the U.S. Hence a 9600...
    06-09-09 02:36 PM
    I can show you guys how it works with AT&T here in the US if you want to see it...

Let me know
    06-09-09 02:54 PM
    I can show you guys how it works with AT&T here in the US if you want to see it...

Let me know
    if this means more vids, then yes.
    06-09-09 02:58 PM
    Ok Bla1ze, I can't find the thread but isn't there one were a pic of a tour looked like there was vodaphone icon on the main menu screen??

Ausch, I wouldn't be surprised if this phone is released exactly like the storm was with GSM carriers outside the U.S. Hence a 9600...
    Yeah the Vodafone Tour was the one on eBay, the one that is in the video.

And I know, the GSM one is the Onyx.
    06-09-09 03:00 PM
    Yeah the Vodafone Tour was the one on eBay, the one that is in the video.

And I know, the GSM one is the Onyx.
    I'm not sure if what I'm about to say makes sense, but you can also use the Tour as a GSM phone.

When I got my first Tour, I used it on AT&T here in the US...

For some reason there is a little space to put your SIM card in it too.
    06-09-09 03:10 PM
    I'm jealous. Me with none and you with 2. At least the 22nd is getting close.
    06-09-09 03:29 PM
    You really are a son of a *****! Make more videosssss

And yes, the Tour can run on GSM networks. It is the SAME EXACT thing as the Storm, to the people who didn't understand.
    06-09-09 03:32 PM
    those are the nicest blackberrys I have seen

thansk for the pics, I can't wait to have one of my own!
    06-09-09 03:41 PM
    I wonder when Crucial will finally break his silence on which bezel Verizon will ship the Tour with?!?

I prefer the plain, silver bezel but still wouldn't mind the black chrome.
    06-09-09 03:50 PM
    I'm not sure if what I'm about to say makes sense, but you can also use the Tour as a GSM phone.

When I got my first Tour, I used it on AT&T here in the US...

For some reason there is a little space to put your SIM card in it too.
    Oh I know that, but the Tour is a CDMA/GSM device. While the Onyx is just a pure GSM device.
    06-09-09 04:12 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD