So... I just requested a replacement from Sprint. I'll deal with some problems here and there, but when people can't hear me and they complain all day long like they have today, it is going back for a replacement. Things seemed to be just fine until the last couple of days.

My first one had the bad trackball. With the second one, it was fixed, but I have noticed ever since I first turned on the second one, the radio is real jumpy. 1XEV to 1xev to 1X all the time. 5 bars to 1 bar to 0 bars constantly, and that's even in my house where I have an Airrave that typically gives me 4 or 5 bars.

I really hope the call quality over BT is better with this one, and that the radio is more solid. Anybody receive a replacement Tour that had these issues fixed?
    08-21-09 05:20 PM
    people are constantly telling me that they can't hear me. i have to wear a corded headset all day. i have two friends with the same phone and they are getting the same feedback.
    08-21-09 05:25 PM
    My second Tour has been fine, but now people tell me I sound like crap
    Maybe you just don't have the voice of an Angel. And that's ok.

Back on topic. The thing about the service bars isn't really anything more than the phone picking up a signal. If it has a single bar, it will peform the same as if it had 5.

The voice issue could be the enhanced background noise cancelation feature. So far its been hit and miss. It would be nice to see if there was a way to see if that can be modified so people don't have to keep exchanging their device.
    08-21-09 05:38 PM
    Bars are a joke. It is set up by the manufacturer. How a cell phone holds a signal is key...NOT BARS. As for sounding like crap...hmmmm mine come across fine, but I have a good voice ;-)...not sure other wise...just make sure you are not holding your phone with your finger over the mic. This phone is fine. There are probably some bad production models out there like anything else, but otherwise I have had 0 issues with Bluetooth or regular sound. First day model here.
    08-21-09 05:56 PM
    people are constantly telling me that they can't hear me. i have to wear a corded headset all day. i have two friends with the same phone and they are getting the same feedback.
    News to me. I know of 4 people with this phone in my area. All come across clear. All on Verizon.
    08-21-09 05:57 PM
    The same thing with my Tour. People can hear me but tell me I sound sorta muffled. The Storm had the same problem, I stated a while back that I think its because of the mic placement. Its a small, small hole and its placed on the underside of the device, just like the Storm. I usually use the speakerphone and speak right into the mic, when I do that people do not have a problem understanding me.
    08-21-09 06:25 PM
    I use a nice high end bluetooth headset. Same exact headset I used with my 8330 Curve, and didn't have this problem. For the last couple of days, people have commented on how bad I sound. During one of the calls, I turned off the headset and transferred the same call to the handset mic, and they said it improved the quality- but didn't exactly rant and rave about the voice quality.

I can't just talk on speakerphone all day, and I can't talk on the handset all day. I rack up over 4K minutes per month, so I spend a LOT of time on the phone and I need to have the convenience of a bluetooth headset.

I already played with all the settings when I first got to the phone to make sure it sounded the best it could, and things have been fine for a few weeks, and now all of a sudden it has really taken a nose dive.
    08-21-09 06:38 PM
    08-21-09 06:44 PM
    Yeah, but see- the difference with my situation is that it used to sound just fine and now all of a sudden it doesn't.
    08-21-09 07:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD