Just got my first blackberry(tour) and it has worked perfectly till early last week when it rebooted itself I installed a bible and it didn't work I installed and rebooted as asked. Well now it takes more time to start up, when I get into facebook it hangs and keeps showing that annoying clock(booting) It takes up to 15min before it gets back to itself that's after holding d power button for a min. Or takin out the battery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-10 06:47 PM
    some apps have corrupted files in them that can cause this to happen. I would try wiping the phone (MAKE SURE YOU BACK UP YOUR FILES FIRST) AND STARTING OVER FRESH!!! GOOD LUCK. If all else fails have it swapped out by ur carrier.
    03-13-10 07:02 PM
    I have backed up my files how do I go about wiping the phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-10 12:08 AM
    Much easier than you would expect. See the "BlackBerry 101 lecture series" under "BlackBerry help" on the main page and look for "downgrading your OS" or something along those lines. Make sure to back up your third party apps as described in the link in the how to there. Next you'll need to download BBSAK or J_L cmd(sp?) and a copy of the OS you want to put on your device. Wipe, reload OS, restore contacts ect., and finaly restore 3rd party apps as described in the aforementioned link. Scary as he** the first time but turns out to be pretty easy.

A.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    03-14-10 07:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD