hey guys looks like I was wrong on the price by quite a bit.. 489 retail? wow thats low compared to any other blackberry on its release date almost ever!

anyway happy touring!
    06-30-09 04:55 AM
    So glad you were wrong since I am buying retail ;-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-09 05:30 AM
    thats good for me too though since I'm poaying retail also, but whats the catch? whys the price so low??
    06-30-09 06:01 AM
    thats good for me too though since I'm poaying retail also, but whats the catch? whys the price so low??
    Ditto...I just hope that Best Buy sells for the same price, I've seen where they jack up the price in the past...but I believe they price match.
    06-30-09 06:15 AM
    Apology for the storm? Try to Pre users/buyers? Both the pre & Tour are 199.99. VZW is trying to throw us all a bone and charge a reasonable price?
    06-30-09 06:15 AM
    Ditto...I just hope that Best Buy sells for the same price, I've seen where they jack up the price in the past...but I believe they price match.
    Guaranteed Full Retails will be at least 100.00 more at best buy. I think they use it as a tactic to get people to sign contracts, see look ur saving XXX by signing a 2 year, in addition to padding their losses on any chargebacks in the rare case someone pays full retail, they have a guaranteed extra hundred made.
    06-30-09 06:18 AM
    hey guys looks like I was wrong on the price by quite a bit.. 489 retail? wow thats low compared to any other blackberry on its release date almost ever!

anyway happy touring!
    noaim, I think we're in the same boat -- have a Storm, but want to upgrade to a Tour. Granted the retail price is pretty good, but it's still much more than adding a new line, paying the ETF for canceling the original line, and the month of data services. Or am I missing something? 'Cause I'm planning on going the "add a line" route.

$9.99 (extra line)
    + $30 (data for 1 month on original line since waiting 30-days to cancel)
    + $175 (max ETF)
    + $199.99 (new Tour)
    ----------------------
    = $414.98

Versus $489.

Either way, I'll look at selling my Storm to help recover some of the cost.
    06-30-09 09:10 AM
    Now I wonder where ScottRPriester is with his "my official I was wrong on everything post!"
    06-30-09 09:20 AM
    Hey ya were in the ball park... its prices aggressively for a reason.. with the pre and the Iphone around that price point it will not make sense to overprice this unit.
    06-30-09 09:31 AM
    Now I wonder where ScottRPriester is with his "my official I was wrong on everything post!"
    Lets not give ANYONE a hard time about the price we ALL were off a bit. Like Mannx said it had to be priced aggressively in the current market, with the competition AND with the economic slowdown. Give Scott and the rest of us a break. As I recall I think I predicted 599 (or more).
    06-30-09 09:37 AM
    I know what you're saying, but it's one thing to predict something and say "I might be wrong" like you guys did. It's a whole other thing to predict something and say "The rest of you are idiots" like he pretty much did.
    06-30-09 09:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD