okay guys well i had a chat with a verizon rep.
    im not making any assumptions or starting any debates
    im just showing you guys what i have been told
    take the information as you will
    basically the BOLD is coming to verizon in same design as AT&T's bold.
    take the info with a grain of salt.
    [i asked about the 9630/Niagra; she knew nothing of it]
    [i had to tell her i was switchin to AT&T to get the info lol]

04-21-09 05:41 PM
    okay guys well i had a chat with a verizon rep.
    im just showing you guys what i have been told
    take the information as you will
    basically the BOLD is coming to verizon in same design as AT&T's bold.
    take the info with a grain of salt.
    [i asked about the 9630/Niagra; she knew nothing of it]
    [i had to tell her i was switchin to AT&T to get the info lol]

LMAO...has been shown over and over and over again...The reps do not typically know anything about upcoming releases.
    04-21-09 05:44 PM
    this means nothing reps dont know anything. my buddy is very high up at Verizon and he said the Niagra is coming to Verizon but they don't have a release date yet. Most reps dont know anything!!!
    04-21-09 05:50 PM
    The rep lied to discourage you switching to a cheaper service with a better phone. Bold is technically incompatible with the VZW wireless system and will never be released on their network. One is GSM/3G and the other is CDMA.

I think you should use this archive to your advantage and use it to crowbar some concessions as compensation for blatant misrepresentation and deception.
    04-21-09 06:05 PM
    yea i really wasnt gonna switch.
    just fishing 4 some type of info
    and for those that are basically bashing the thread; it says at the top

"okay guys well i had a chat with a verizon rep.
    im just showing you guys what i have been told"
    04-21-09 06:15 PM
    The rep lied to discourage you switching to a cheaper service with a better phone. Bold is technically incompatible with the VZW wireless system and will never be released on their network. One is GSM/3G and the other is CDMA.

I think you should use this archive to your advantage and use it to crowbar some concessions as compensation for blatant misrepresentation and deception.
    AT&T is not cheaper. I have two of their price plan pamphlets and their plans are pretty much the same. In fact, the At&t's version of Verizon's Premium plan is $5 more.

As far as the design, it will be the same design.... Externally. It's should be obvious that it will be CDMA for Verizon.
    Last edited by mrsFAB; 04-21-09 at 06:30 PM.
    04-21-09 06:27 PM
    Latoya will be found and interrogated, since she's giving info out without knowing what she's talking about.
    04-21-09 07:10 PM
    Rofl.. Please tell me this thread is a joke.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-09 07:12 PM
    Latoya will be found and interrogated, since she's giving info out without knowing what she's talking about.
    ROTFL!!!!!!!
    the funny thing is i went back and asked someone different and they said they had no knowledge of the Bold or any new blackberry hitting VZW. lol
    04-21-09 07:17 PM
    You got lied to, lol!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-09 07:22 PM
    That's the truth. We haven't been told anything. If Tech support doesn't know, noone does, because we get told/trained on new devices wayyyyyyy before they come out.
    04-21-09 07:23 PM
    It is the 9630 coming to Verizon. We dont know what the name will be. Maybe the Bold... maybe not. It will not be the same design as the At&t 9000 Bold.
    04-21-09 07:45 PM
    Hahah

10 char.
    04-21-09 07:57 PM
    are you "Latoya", misspriss?
    04-21-09 08:08 PM
    are you "Latoya", misspriss?
    oh damn, he found you!
    04-21-09 08:32 PM
    Waterboarding
    04-22-09 05:12 AM
    AT&T is not cheaper. I have two of their price plan pamphlets and their plans are pretty much the same. In fact, the At&t's version of Verizon's Premium plan is $5 more.
    It doesn't matter. If there is ANY cheaper plan this can still be used to cause discomfort to VZW.

All the service providers need a public lesson from their Customers from time to time. Anything we can do to demonstrate that they routinely lie and deceive will go towards making them more honest (for a few days).
    04-22-09 05:17 AM
    yea i really wasnt gonna switch.
    just fishing 4 some type of info
    and for those that are basically bashing the thread; it says at the top

"okay guys well i had a chat with a verizon rep.
    im just showing you guys what i have been told"
    I believe the issue that most have is the 1000 threads that are started similar to this. Making that statement will not save you....
    04-22-09 09:19 AM
    I believe the issue that most have is the 1000 threads that are started similar to this. Making that statement will not save you....

save me from what?? ROTFL
    i didnt kno i was on death row for making a statement lol
    04-22-09 09:57 AM
    I got the same answer from bell concerning about niagara 9630 lol
    04-22-09 10:03 AM
    save me from what?? ROTFL
    i didnt kno i was on death row for making a statement lol
    lol, he's talking about saving you from being flamed I think. It happens because people on here are aggravated by the state we are in. Some have the Storm and are furious they don't have an update and others are Black Friday anxious for the Niagara, so threads like this are not very well received after reading almost a thousand of them. I just got over it and got me the Bold, I'm good now.
    04-22-09 10:06 AM
    I guess newbies get thrashed.

You know what though, carriers really SHOULD release approximated dates. What are they so affraid of. So what if they don't make the estimated release date, they'll can just bump it back a month and keep stringing people along. At least give us something real to whet our curiosity and keep people from jumping ship to AT&T!!

Am I wrong? An ignorant non-crackberry addict on Verizon who decides to jump over to the newest coolest Blackberry (Bold), wouldn't he hang on at Verizon if they had a REAL OFFICIAL release notice of the NEWEST upcoming BB Niagara? Me think so.
    04-22-09 10:08 AM
    Am I wrong? An ignorant non-crackberry addict on Verizon who decides to jump over to the newest coolest Blackberry (Bold), wouldn't he hang on at Verizon if they had a REAL OFFICIAL release notice of the NEWEST upcoming BB Niagara? Me think so.

why yes mr president they would. but then people would not buy the severely outdated curve and just wait.
    04-22-09 10:10 AM
    I guess newbies get thrashed.

You know what though, carriers really SHOULD release approximated dates. What are they so affraid of. So what if they don't make the estimated release date, they'll can just bump it back a month and keep stringing people along. At least give us something real to whet our curiosity and keep people from jumping ship to AT&T!!

You know what though, carriers really SHOULD release approximated dates. What are they so affraid of.

Giving you a date and failing to comply is what they are afraid of. It makes them look really bad.

wouldn't he hang on at Verizon if they had a REAL OFFICIAL release notice of the NEWEST upcoming BB Niagara?

Not if the company has a habit of giving dates and not complying. Plus this limits sales on their new devices. Some people are so hungry for a new device they will just go and buy the storm. BUT if they knew in a month the Niagara will come out, Storm sales would freeze.
    04-22-09 10:15 AM
    ugh, Layoya probably works in India and barely speaks English (that's why she's typing and not on the phone). She also probably does not work for Verizon, she works for one of the big outsourcing companies there.
    04-22-09 10:15 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD