First, I don't care if anybody flames me for posting this, and I haven't seen this posted so take it for what it's worth. My Tour feels so much more solid and it feels like it has a better build quality. I stuck a small piece of electrical tape in the area where the latch attaches to the phone body. This pulls the door closer to the body and it doesn't move at all. I'm very happy with this and if I help just one dissatisfied Tour owner this post will be worth it. The electrical tape is red in the pictures I attached.
    bob110011 likes this.
    07-21-09 02:46 AM
    First, I don't care if anybody flames me for posting this, and I haven't seen this posted so take it for what it's worth. My Tour feels so much more solid and it feels like it has a better build quality. I stuck a small piece of electrical tape in the area where the latch attaches to the phone body. This pulls the door closer to the body and it doesn't move at all. I'm very happy with this and if I help just one dissatisfied Tour owner this post will be worth it. The electrical tape is red in the pictures I attached.
    Thanx it really works good. Do u know my friend has a Sprint Blackberry Tour and he has a all black shiny door with no design going thru the middle like the one from verizon.. And his didnt wiggle around.. I wounder wats up wit that??? RIM should have put the door together better before selling the phone. U have a great fix but we shouldnt have to try to fix things like the back door to our phone. tHANX again
    07-21-09 03:49 AM
    Thank you so much I tried it and it works perfect. Thanks for posting this fix.
    07-21-09 11:05 AM
    Works perfect. Thanks for the good advice!!!
    07-21-09 11:26 AM
    Excellent!
    07-21-09 01:15 PM
    Awww someone beat me too it. I did the same thing. Thanks for posting it up.
    07-21-09 03:09 PM
    I gotta try this
    Door was tight on the 1st day then it got loose boo
    07-21-09 03:17 PM
    This definitely works great, I did the same thing

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-09 03:32 PM
    +1

did the same thing a few days ago. Works great!
    07-21-09 03:47 PM
    nice fix, works great!
    07-21-09 04:06 PM
    Thx!! Work great.
    07-21-09 04:07 PM
    Thank you this is a great fix I used scotch tape and it worked great. I also put a BB black skin on my phone so if it was loose I wouldn't notice it anymore anyway. Haha

07-21-09 04:10 PM
    i wouldn't recommend this, since the door itself is plastic...so it will bend and warp unlike the Storm door which was metal
    07-21-09 04:14 PM
    If it doesn't work with the first piece, stack another one on... worked for me
    07-21-09 05:05 PM
    Thanks, that worked well. I was toying with either returning it or buying a case that would enclose the phone.

Its a shame RIM and Verizon dropped the ball on the design.
    07-21-09 07:32 PM
    Thanks didn't really work for me, because the top of the case still moves. I ended up buying a skin so it really isn't a problem.
    07-21-09 07:46 PM
    Great fix, worked perfectly for me. Thanks a lot.
    07-21-09 07:56 PM
    Good work..

I didn't notice the battery door looseness very much but I just went to txt on my phone and it feels MUCH more solid. There's not even a small bit of shifting.

electrical tape...hah brilliant.
    07-21-09 08:13 PM
    Three small pieces of double sided tape (one opposite the battery, and two slivers at the corners below the latch) did the trick for me. I may try this if my temporary "fix" starts giving me trouble.

Thanks!

BTW, I agree, I'm a little disappointed in RIM's quality control on what is otherwise a great phone. I know the Tour is not an earth shattering advance, but it IS everything I thought the 8830 should have been. Count me as a happy customer!
    Last edited by postflight; 07-21-09 at 08:32 PM.
    07-21-09 08:28 PM
    Good idea. Works well.

Black tape cut and placed neatly does not show.

Thanks!
    07-21-09 11:17 PM
    Good idea. Works well.

Black tape cut and placed neatly does not show.

Thanks!
    Thank you. The red tape is due to my running out of back electrical tape. The red tape seemed a little thinner, and the latch is very snug, so I figured the black tape would have been too bulky anyway.

P.S. I'm glad this has helped you guys.
    07-21-09 11:35 PM
    I think I'll try this, I've actually been trying to use a hairdryer and flattening out the bent part of my cover which is causing a huge gap which is also resulting in an occasional creak. Though my door was tight when I got it and decided to loosen up? Sucks, but sounds like a good fix, thanks

07-21-09 11:45 PM
    awesome this worked for me! thanks for the post!
    07-22-09 12:03 AM
    I think I'll try this, I've actually been trying to use a hairdryer and flattening out the bent part of my cover which is causing a huge gap which is also resulting in an occasional creak. Though my door was tight when I got it and decided to loosen up? Sucks, but sounds like a good fix, thanks

My door was snug at first also. RIM may need to hire some German engineers.
    07-22-09 12:10 AM
    My door was snug at first also. RIM may need to hire some German engineers.
    Why? So if the phone breaks, it cost's an arm and a leg to repair it?

I'll pass.
    07-22-09 01:17 AM
115 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD