Hi all,

I am confusing between those 2. It appears to me that the Tour is slightly better (for example: the OS, the camera, the memory are all better than the Bold); but the lack of wifi bothers me. I intend to use it here for several months and then bring it back to my country where the 3G network is on its way to the market but not sure the exact time yet. So, could you please give me your opinion on this topic, which one do you think is better? Also, do you guys actually use the wifi a lot?

Thanks so much in advance.
    07-21-09 11:41 PM
    Does carrier and its network coverage matter? If not, I would opt for the Bold if you have large hands. If you have smaller hands, go for the Tour. If you won't have access to 3G in your country, but will have access to WiFi, then you get the Bold.
    Last edited by bkdtv; 07-22-09 at 12:05 AM.
    07-22-09 12:01 AM
    Thanks so much for your info. I got a small hand, so the Tour is more suitable for me. However, the lack of Wifi still gets me. Also, I still wonder about the apps that can be used on Bold and Tour. Do they need 3G or Wifi to work or the apps could use without them? How about the upgrading process, do I need to have 3G or wifi in order to upgrade the OS system or it could be done manually?
    07-22-09 12:12 AM
    Honestly the os on the bold is a lot better and the processor is faster and has wifi, the only things that the tour has better is camera and more internal memory, don't get me wrong the tour is a good phone but I think the bold is better. I was on verizon and was looking at the tour but after playing with the bold I made my choice..... Just my opinion, you try both and do some research on both devices and you should be good to go.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-09 12:46 AM
    go with the tour. does everything the bold does (same apps work) but is a newer version. so basically takes all feedback about bold and fixes them in tour. also tour is much smaller and keys have a lil click instead of mushyness. but lack of wifi might be a problem. went with verizon and their unparrelled coverage.
    07-22-09 12:52 AM
    I honestly see no point in wifi. If I'm going to be in any area where I have access to wifi, i'll be on my MacBook which is more than portable enough. Verizon's 3G is definitely fast enough for me to do what I need to do (check movie times, iMBD, random websites). In short, a lack of wifi doesn't bother me at all.
    07-22-09 12:57 AM
    Well I guess you need wifi if you're just getting 3G in the country you're bringing it to. My friend has a bold that I played with today and honestly I really prefer my tour. But then again I also don"t need wifi because of the 3G I'm already getting, and I have big hands (but skinny fingers) so I just feel more comfortable on the tour. obviously if carrier doesn't matter too much and you really NEED wifi, you're better off with the bold, but this is my first blackberry and I love the tour and believe it'll get way better after OS updates and whatnot

07-22-09 01:16 AM
    get the tour, newest bb to date. not to mention it's more slimmer.
    07-22-09 01:51 AM
    So if taking the wifi out of the list, can I ask which phone you guys prefer to have? I heard someone mentioned to me that the Bold have a lot more apps, and it runs smoother than the Tour, is it correct?
    07-22-09 12:42 PM
    So if taking the wifi out of the list, can I ask which phone you guys prefer to have? I heard someone mentioned to me that the Bold have a lot more apps, and it runs smoother than the Tour, is it correct?

Well, there are more apps out now for the bold because the tour is basically brand new. I don't know where your located but here on long island, if you have verizon you don't need wifi. Its all about preference really. I went with the tour because I wanted to stick with verizon, and also going from a pearl to basically other newer blackberry is a huge relief

07-22-09 12:58 PM
    People keep forgetting the Tour is a dual mode world phone. Bold is GSM only but also powerhouse for data if you need the Wifi connection. They're made for 2 different markets. I hated that I got booted for roaming after I bought the Bold but it turned out to be a good thing for me because I will use the dual mode. CDMA works better for me where I live in the country side. With the Tour I still have the GSM option when I travel for work. For this reason it's a better choice for people like me. Bold is a great phone though. When I found out I was being booted the only regret I had was not being able to find a GSM carrier with BB support in my area so I could keep my unlocked Bold. I've had dozens of phones and my Bold was the first BB I owned. It was also the only GREAT phone I had up to that point.
    07-22-09 01:28 PM
    first time bb user....the tour is awesome.
    07-22-09 01:51 PM
    The Bold is simply too large for my taste. Doesn't matter if it 1000GHz. It is just too bulky and uncomfortable to use.
    07-22-09 01:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD