I just thought I'd share this with everyone. I just got off the phone with someone from VZW, who contacted me after I posted a letter on Planet Feedback. To sum things up about my problem, I have the LG Voyager, have had 6 replacements, and the problem has not been fixed, and I've had to spend tons of time trying to fix the problem.

Anyway, I told the guy I was waiting for the Tour to come out. What he told me was he didn't have any info about it, not even pricing, and that he would call me Monday and possibly be able to ship me one. He said he couldn't guarantee anything because they are in limited supply like the Storm, and even if I went to the store Sunday I wouldn't be guaranteed.

Anyway, he said he would honor my 2 year pricing which I was due for, so I asked him what benefit that would provide to me, since I could just go into the store or pre-order if I wanted. He said they prefer to keep the ones in the store for new customers. I told him no offense, but I am tired of the voyager, and want the tour immediately, and he respected that.

Take it for what it's worth, but I really think he is out of the loop in terms of the Tour, and I don't think supply will be an issue.

Also, I must have I was not totally satisfied with what I was offered, which was pretty much nothing I wasn't entitled to anyway. I wasn't expecting anything, and I'm glad they actually called, but they basically made an offer of something I would already have and I didn't like that, and they didn't fix my current issue. Oh well.
    07-07-09 12:09 PM
    Yeah that sucks. If you had so much trouble with that phone why did you keep it through 6 replacements?
    07-07-09 12:41 PM
    Well, I had no other choices. I wasn't due for an upgrade until June 17th of last month. Like I said, I had 6 replacements for the voyager, but none of them fixed the issue I was having with the mobile web, and still to this date, nobody has been able to help me
    07-07-09 01:01 PM
    Man I cant believe they wont just give you a phone that isnt out yet for free.
    07-07-09 02:24 PM
    And of course I have to wonder about 6 replacements for any given phone. I've said before I can see one phone being problematic, and MAYBE two, but when someone continues to get more than two, there's more to it than product failure.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-09 02:38 PM
    I'm glad someone else got that jab in.
    07-07-09 02:50 PM
    See I knew someone would say this, and thanks for being a smart*** but I never asked for a free phone. I even stated to them I didn't plan on leaving Verizon. Honestly, I don't think I'm entitled to anything. I just said I wanted a product that worked correctly as it was supposed to.

The guy I spoke to wasn't offering me anything I couldn't have on my own anyway. So while I'm glad they called, I don't think there was a point of him making me that offer besides helping his company and have an extra Tour available in the store for a new customer.
    07-07-09 03:01 PM
    I was glancing over this thinking I never got called - when my phone rang.

I spoke with deon. Explained to him my issues and he said he can't swap me to the Tour because there is no release date. I told him its been up for pre-order online for about a week and comes out the 12th.

After speaking with him further, he said he would do some research and give me a call back. But the goal is to swap even up for the Tour.

If Verizon comes through for this, I will stick with them for quite some time.
    07-07-09 03:19 PM
    More likely that they'd multi-FRU you to an enV Touch... I don't see how going all the way up to a BB would count as a similar device, as the rules go for the type of policy you'd be covered under.
    07-07-09 03:23 PM
    More likely that they'd multi-FRU you to an enV Touch... I don't see how going all the way up to a BB would count as a similar device, as the rules go for the type of policy you'd be covered under.
    Understood, did you read what I wrote? I did not say I was expecting any type of free upgrade the Tour. The Tour only came up when I mentioned I was planning to upgrade to that, and they said they would ship me one, because they preferred to leave the ones in the stores for new customers. This was not doing me any type of favor.
    07-07-09 03:25 PM
    I see, I misunderstood. Basically, CS is calling you and offering to let you pay to upgrade to a Tour and they'll send it to you, since they don't want you using up store stock? It sounded at first that you were going for a clean swap of your current phone to a Tour just for your troubles; I was just mentioning what they'd likely do for you (for free and without extending your contract) given the circumstances.
    07-07-09 03:33 PM
    I see, I misunderstood. Basically, CS is calling you and offering to let you pay to upgrade to a Tour and they'll send it to you, since they don't want you using up store stock? It sounded at first that you were going for a clean swap of your current phone to a Tour just for your troubles; I was just mentioning what they'd likely do for you (for free and without extending your contract) given the circumstances.

No worries. I wasn't going for anything. I just wanted to voice how I felt about the service I received, and if they wanted to do anything extra for me, great.

Yes, you are right, they said they would call me on Monday to discuss how they could send me one. Well I don't understand how that helps me any, since I'm already due for an upgrade and can just go into a store myself
    07-07-09 05:39 PM
    I just thought I'd share this with everyone. I just got off the phone with someone from VZW, who contacted me after I posted a letter on Planet Feedback. To sum things up about my problem, I have the LG Voyager, have had 6 replacements, and the problem has not been fixed, and I've had to spend tons of time trying to fix the problem.

Anyway, I told the guy I was waiting for the Tour to come out. What he told me was he didn't have any info about it, not even pricing, and that he would call me Monday and possibly be able to ship me one. He said he couldn't guarantee anything because they are in limited supply like the Storm, and even if I went to the store Sunday I wouldn't be guaranteed.

Anyway, he said he would honor my 2 year pricing which I was due for, so I asked him what benefit that would provide to me, since I could just go into the store or pre-order if I wanted. He said they prefer to keep the ones in the store for new customers. I told him no offense, but I am tired of the voyager, and want the tour immediately, and he respected that.

Also, I must have I was not totally satisfied with what I was offered, which was pretty much nothing I wasn't entitled to anyway. I wasn't expecting anything, and I'm glad they actually called, but they basically made an offer of something I would already have and I didn't like that, and they didn't fix my current issue. Oh well.
    See I knew someone would say this, and thanks for being a smart*** but I never asked for a free phone. I even stated to them I didn't plan on leaving Verizon. Honestly, I don't think I'm entitled to anything. I just said I wanted a product that worked correctly as it was supposed to.

The guy I spoke to wasn't offering me anything I couldn't have on my own anyway. So while I'm glad they called, I don't think there was a point of him making me that offer besides helping his company and have an extra Tour available in the store for a new customer.

Yes I was being a smartass, however I read your post multiple times and you were clearly trying to get something. You stated that you were unhappy that they did not offer you anything beyond what you already had.

I dont understand why you would wait 2 years into your contract to then start complaining and want the Voyager switched out immediately. Why didnt you write this letter when you were on the third or fourth replacement?

I may sound like an unsympathetic ***, but after a month of reading 9001 posts of people trying to get out of ETFs, other phones, and other hairbrained schemes to get this phone for free or a heavily discounted price, it has gotten very old.
    07-07-09 05:54 PM
    I received a call from a verzion rep today before of a complaint I made that I was willing to pay the retail price but felt it was unfair that I didnt receive the $70 rebate like new customers would. The guy was very nice and said as soon as my Tour shipped he would post a $70 credit to my account......After all that I dont need the credit because my sister has an upgrade available and she ordered it on her account and will let me pay her the $199.00....At least I received a response but I will never know if I would have gotten the $70.00
    07-07-09 07:28 PM
    Ok, I must have mis-typed then. By saying I wanted the tour immediately, i meant upon release to the public in stores. I never asked him for one.

I should have posted my original complaint. I got the Voyager a little over a year ago, and had no issues until I was 8 months in. That's when the issues started. I have complained many times to customer service, but they can't do anything. By reading these boards, I was able to find planet feedback, and that is why I am finally posting on there.

By saying I was unhappy that they didn't offer me anything I didn't have, I meant beyond what I could get on my own. As in, why would you offer to send me a phone, when I could just walk into the store and get it myself? Just don't make the offer at all. The guy didn't even make an effort to fix my current problem with the Voyager.
    07-07-09 07:30 PM
    Ok, I must have mis-typed then. By saying I wanted the tour immediately, i meant upon release to the public in stores. I never asked him for one.

I should have posted my original complaint. I got the Voyager a little over a year ago, and had no issues until I was 8 months in. That's when the issues started. I have complained many times to customer service, but they can't do anything. By reading these boards, I was able to find planet feedback, and that is why I am finally posting on there.

By saying I was unhappy that they didn't offer me anything I didn't have, I meant beyond what I could get on my own. As in, why would you offer to send me a phone, when I could just walk into the store and get it myself? Just don't make the offer at all. The guy didn't even make an effort to fix my current problem with the Voyager.
    I cant say that I think you don't deserve something but keep in mind..

at least the guy was nice enough to call you there is plenty of people who post on planet feedback that never get a call at all..

the truth is you telling him that you wanted a tour probably pretty much nilled anything he could do about your phone..

I am sure he would have offered a different phone of the same level..

sometimes they even credit accounts for situations..

but really overall for the hardware itself I don't know how much pull these guys have at doing anything about switching one phone for another IF the phone being switched to is in a higher bracket..
    07-07-09 08:51 PM
    Yep, I think you are pretty much spot on. I just think it could have been handled a little better, the guy didn't really apologize for any of the many inconveniences I had to go through. Once the Tour was brought up, it was pretty much over though.
    07-07-09 10:45 PM
    I did the same with Planet Feedback. They called me today and I am swapping my Storm for a brand new Tour first thing next week. Go big red!
    07-08-09 10:34 AM
    I did planet feedback as well. Been through one storm already and didn't see why i had to waste my time with replacement storms. got a call the day after i wrote the letter, and will be getting a brand new tour for free next week. verizon for the win!
    07-08-09 11:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD