Okay so I have had my Tour for a couple weeks now and absolutely love it. It is the best Blackberry I have ever had, actually the nicest phone period I have ever had. However, there is something that I have been wondering about. The Right side convenience button seems loose or something. I can't tell whether or not this is the way it supposed to be. When I just slightly touch it, whether I mean to or not, it gives just a little bit and causes the backlight to come on. Then pushing it deliberately and harder does activate the camera, which I know its supposed to. None of my other Blackberries have done this. And I think it is peculiar because the left side convenience button does not behave in this same way. So I don't know if it was designed this way, or is something wrong with the button?? It is even worse now because I just put on an Epik case which totally covers the button, so now the backlight comes on just about every time I pick up the phone. Please help!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-10 07:51 PM
    Mine does this same thing. I think it's so that when in camera mode you can get it to focus before taking the picture actually

EDIT: It definitely is I just tested it.
    Last edited by zack_afi; 03-04-10 at 08:05 PM.
    03-04-10 08:02 PM
    Ok yeah makes sense!! I was worried that it was defective LOL. Thanks!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-10 08:08 PM
    Its a 2 position switch. When your in the camera, if you press it in half way it will focus and give you the green box on the screen, if you press it in all the way it will take the picture.

That button is just sensitive because its a double button, and just pressing it in slightly will cause the first set of contacts to connect. Hitting any button on the phone will actually make the light and screen come on. This is normal. My button is not loose, just sensitive.

As far as the case, if its coming on that easily then any time you bump your phone, the screen and light will come on and your battery may not hold a charge for as long as it should. I am not sure what kind of environment you work in but me, I am always doing stuff and bumping my phone so if I had your case and my batt was draining because of this, well no more case for me..
    03-04-10 08:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD