i updated blackberry app world and the face book app and the phone needed to reboot after.. i selected reboot and now it wont fully reboot. it gets a little over the half way on the bar but then just stops.. any suggestions for me??
    08-23-10 08:36 AM
    Pull the battery!!!!

Thnx, �Tripster�

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-10 08:39 AM
    i did that already 2x's...
    08-23-10 08:41 AM
    Uh, interesting...so you physically pulled the battery out and then put it back in and nothing changed?

Thnx, �Tripster�

08-23-10 08:45 AM
    yes i physically pulled it out and waited about 20 mins to see if it would fully reboot and it did the same thing got stuck a lil over half way on the bar then i pulled it out again and its ding the same exact thing... maybe i will give it a hour this time before i pull it again to see what happens... it NEVER has taken this long to reboot before...
    08-23-10 08:49 AM
    Do this, pull the battery out and leave it out for 30 seconds and then reinsert the battery, then depending on how much memory you have free it may take a little longer to boot up (so be patient).

If after let's say 6 minutes it doesn't boot up, then come back here.

Thnx, �Tripster�

08-23-10 08:50 AM
    ok i will try that.... thanks tripster... i will let you know what happens
    08-23-10 08:53 AM
    Your welcome and I will see if I can get some "real" experts in here to explain what ya might have to do if what I suggested doesn't work.

Thnx, �Tripster�

08-23-10 08:56 AM
    hmm still doing the same exact thing.. not fully rebooting.... oh man now what?? I have tried to connect it to my pc but obviously where it isnt booted up it wont connect
    08-23-10 09:08 AM
    So, its just stuck at the boot up gui screen and won't budge? I will see if I can get someone who can explain what ya might have to do now, brb.

Thnx, �Tripster�

08-23-10 09:10 AM
    yes it is thanks so much for trying to help me... i am hoping i can resolve this with people on here helping me rather than calling tech support or going to the store.
    08-23-10 09:16 AM
    Your welcome and my knowledge/brain on BB's isn't what it use to be anymore, sorry that I couldn't give you helpful advice to get ya BB alive and kicking again.

Someone should be in here to fully help ya out, another helpful suggestion. Instead of creating this kinda of issue in the BlackBerry Discussion, make it in the BlackBerry 9630 section. That way more user's will see it and act on it.

Thnx, �Tripster�

08-23-10 09:24 AM
    oh i didnt even think of doing that.. kinda new to crackberry forums.. thanks so much for trying to help me..
    08-23-10 09:29 AM
    I have seen Tour & Bold (9650) reboots taking up to 16 minutes, it's not common, BUT it does happen. HOWEVER, usually when you have a long reboot it's a regular thing and you get used to it. My device (9650) for example takes about 11 minutes to reboot. Anyways, lets see if we can get your device to start up in safe mode. Pull the battery, then as you place it back in hold down on the back arrow, you don't have to hold it for the whole boot, but hold it for a good minute, as the phone is booting, this will cause the device to start up in safe mode. See if that gets it to move past the half way mark. Once we are up and running in safe mode let me know.
    08-23-10 09:33 AM
    if i start it in safe mode i wont loose anything will i?? well than again who cares if i do i just want the thing to fully boot up.. i will let u know what happens...
    08-23-10 09:40 AM
    I think we are going to try deleting and reinstalling facebook, but no you will not lose anything by starting up in safe mode, it just has a better chance of actually starting.
    08-23-10 09:49 AM
    hmm its been 10 minutes and it has still not fully rebooted.. should i be patient and wait some more or is there something else i could try?? Argh this is so frustrating.. my phone was not acting up before this issue
    08-23-10 09:53 AM
    If safe mode isn't working then you might have to wipe and reinstall the OS of your choice. Hope you had a recent backup done.
    08-23-10 10:02 AM
    yes i have done a recent back up.. well recent enough.. how do i go about wiping and reinstalling the OS?? Can i do that myself or do i have to go to the store to have that done??
    08-23-10 10:04 AM
    The the progress bar moving? 9630 & 9650 rebooting CAN take a LONG time, my 9650 takes 11 minutes to reboot, and I know others who have 16 minute reboots. As long as the progress bar is moving you are cool, BUT if it is stalled then we are in trouble. Give it 20 minutes.
    08-23-10 10:07 AM
    If safe mode isn't working then you might have to wipe and reinstall the OS of your choice. Hope you had a recent backup done.
    True on all counts. I was asked to come over and assist possibly by another member.

OP, I know it's hard but just let it sit. I say this because I recemtly installed an app that doubled my boot time. Let it sit for up to 30 minutes. I am using 30 just because I have no time on this device. That is a very long boot but if it comes up, we can work with that. Next is safe mode followed by a sync if you can, a DM backup if you can and finally a 3rd party app backup via BBSAK or half a device switch in the DM (there will be a temp folder you need to copy out to your desktop when the DM prompts you to connect your new device). Then it will be a wipe, os load and a selective restore.

08-23-10 10:09 AM
    ok so i tried to start it in safe mode @ 10:40 and the progress bar is STILL stalled at the same point and isn't budging.. i will give it till 11:30 and if nothing has changed by then come back and see what else if anything can be done... if needed how would I wipe and reinstall? or at that point do i need to go to the store??
    08-23-10 10:11 AM
    we are trying to boot it in safe mode now and the progress bar in the boot window is still stalled. i will give it more time and see what happens.. all that other stuff that you mentioned is a foreign language to me.. lol how in the world would i do all that?? if it doesn't boot i wont be able to connect it to blackberry desktop manager or pc so then what??
    08-23-10 10:13 AM
    my norm boot up time is about 8 or 9 mins i guess. i dont think it has ever taken 10 mins to boot up before.. but who knows i dont look at the clock when i reboot (Guess i should do that next time so i know what my boot up time actually is). i did just install foursquare last night.. then this morning there was a update to blackberry app world and the face book ap so i updated them both. once the blackberry app world was installed it said reboot required.. i waited until i installed the update to face book before i rebooted because i knew that both apps would require a reboot
    08-23-10 10:26 AM
    There are ways to get it to connect. We will plug it in with the battery pulled, and catch it as it's booting, as you put the battery in and try to reload the OS. There is a thread that explains, OR we can try to use a BB utility program called BBSAK (or BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife) to wipe and then reload. I'm going to suggest the OS reload option mentioned in this thread, it will probably be easier for you.....

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ked-blackberry
    08-23-10 10:26 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD