My Blackberry is seriously swearing at me! After I receive a message, any sort of message, the usual ringtone will play and then a voice comes on and starts swearing at me. There is a big long saying calling me names and telling me to pick the F up and quit jacking off and other such very loud and vulgar things. Yes I am aware it is April Fool's Day. NO I DID NOT PUT MY PHONE DOWN TODAY! If one more person asks me that I am going to FLIP OUT. My BlackBerry NEVER leaves my pocket unless I am at home. And then usually only when it is charging. So there is NO possibility some one could have got a hold of it while I was at school or work today. My husband swears he had nothing to do with it. Before work I did not have this problem. My phone was on silent the entire time I was at work. It was when I turned my sounds back on after work that I noticed this happening. I am not aware of any strange emails or text messages that I have received like my husband suggested. He updated my phone the other night but this did not start until late this evening. We tried changing ringtones and looking for some kind of odd attachment but were not able to see anything. I don't know how to turn it off or erase it and no matter what I do I can not get it to stop once it starts. I am seriously pissed off and a little scared as to what this is and how the heck to get it off my phone.
    04-01-10 10:42 PM
    Did you just update to the OS 5.0? If so this is why its a glitch in the OS mine is doing it to except its playing any kind of media i have from an mms
    04-01-10 10:59 PM
    Try pulling the battery. This happened to my moms bb earlier today and it seemed to fix it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-10 11:05 PM
    Hahaha! Odd case you got. I'm no help... Are you sure its not a sound you have saved on your sd card/device that's being played? Profiles basically do not work on the 9630. Mine have always been screwed (on receiving phone calls) since I've got the tour and that's been with 4.7 and at least 5 leaked and official 5.0. builds! I have yet to find a solution. Usually it just plays the default ringer instead of the one I have set, but the again I don't have vulgar sounds on my phone!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-02-10 01:35 AM
    You sure you didn't put your phone down? Lol jk.

04-02-10 02:42 AM
    Are you using the "official" 5.0 or did your husband download a leaked version? Apparently there was a leaked version that contained a "virus". This is the second or third post I have read regarding this issue. I would wipe the device and reinstall the OS. Be sure to download a clean version of the OS.
    04-02-10 03:18 AM
    Are you using the "official" 5.0 or did your husband download a leaked version? Apparently there was a leaked version that contained a "virus". This is the second or third post I have read regarding this issue. I would wipe the device and reinstall the OS. Be sure to download a clean version of the OS.
    This is a problem with the official OS, it's total bull****.
    04-02-10 06:24 AM
    My wifes phone started doing the same thing!! But hers was playing gospel music. Went to the store to prove I wasn't crazy, they called tech for me and they are sending fru. I wiped the phone and everything nothing stopped it!

04-02-10 07:15 AM
    Geez I guess my phone auto assigning contact alerts isn't that bad afterall.

04-02-10 09:28 AM
    From other threads, it appears (I was going to say "sounds like") that if you receive an MMS with some audio attachment, that audio gets appended to your ring sound. A battery pull supposedly fixes it but if you get another mms with audio, it will get messed up again. It is from the official os from what I've read.
    04-02-10 10:04 AM
    Oh yeah, someone mentioned theirs plays "the freaks come out at night" and I thoguht they were BSing because no one else mentioned it.
    04-02-10 10:59 AM
    This is a problem with the official OS, it's total bull****.
    May be BS to you, but I'm not having any such issues and I don't beleive most people are having this issue, so give up trying to make it sound like a common problem.
    04-02-10 11:00 AM
    This one is easy. Your husband is the culprit and you won't find out that it was a joke until today, the day after April Fools.

He's a bad bad boy, lol!

04-02-10 11:28 AM
    Mine starts reciting the Gettysburg Address
    04-02-10 11:30 AM
    Mine just screamed at me!

04-02-10 11:41 AM
    It was easy enough to test and I cant believe it. I sent myself an mms with an audio file from voicenotes. I called my cell, when it rang ,it was fine...i answered, it was fine. I hung up and there it was, blaring out. I had to delete the file and pull the battery....

before telling someone they're lying...check teh facts...this actually is a problem...crazy problem that can actually cause someone a personal problem.

Verizon better take this one seriously.

BB's are supposed to be secure correct?

How about a confidential voicenote that was sent to someone being blurted out in an attorney's office or in front of your kids or other parents...or in front of your competition?

This is a bad one to be honest.
    04-02-10 11:49 AM
    Mine phone is telling me to kill people...
    04-02-10 11:54 AM
    Mine phone is telling me to kill people...
    My phone just said, "gksmith is going to prison if he obeys his blackberry."

04-02-10 11:56 AM
    It would be nice if a battery pull fixed the problem! I have deleted everything and even wiped the device it still happens!

04-02-10 01:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD