My tour was running low on battery last night, so I plugged it in, fell asleep, and had a nap. When I woke up, it was completely dead!

No usb cord I have works to charge it, there is no red led lit up when I insert the battery. just nothing. It doesn't connect to the computer, jl_cmder wont connect, and app load wont connect using the trick if jl_cmder doesn't work.

I got it first when it came out, or just a few days after, and it was fine. One night I dropped it and some water got in and set off the water sticker inside, but like I said it worked fine nothing happened to it. On the battery, the white sticker with the red line is completely faded to almost just a white sticker?? Is this sticker a heat sensitive one?

what are my options since my warranty is most likely voided?
    02-16-10 02:20 PM
    try changing the battery first. I had a curve that did the same thing when I first bought it fromsomeone on craigslist. I was pissed off! Then i was told about the water thing. I changed the battery and it worked fine.
    02-16-10 02:29 PM
    yeah but the tour used to run 100% fine with the usb cord and no battery. Is there a chance it's the usb port in the tour? And batteries are expensive to just buy and not have work ya know?
    02-16-10 02:35 PM
    yeah but the tour used to run 100% fine with the usb cord and no battery. Is there a chance it's the usb port in the tour? And batteries are expensive to just buy and not have work ya know?
    Keep the receipt.
    02-16-10 02:50 PM
    if it wont fire up with the batt out and the blackberry cable, its most likely shot try another pc
    02-16-10 02:54 PM
    if it wont fire up with the batt out and the blackberry cable, its most likely shot try another pc
    exactly what i was thinking... I dont have another computer and I've tried multiple cords/wall adapters.

I guess I'll contact rim for repairs and pay an assload -_-
    02-16-10 02:56 PM
    those cheap thin usb cables r almost completely useless except for charging they suck making the data connection
    02-16-10 03:31 PM
    Alright so out of curiosity, I checked to see if there was any voltage actually going into the battery while plugged into the computer, and it's reading a steady 2.00V from the pins that connect to the battery. The battery is reading a steady 2.5V

I dont understand how this happened.
    02-16-10 03:40 PM
    Shouldn't the voltage read the same for both?

Possible problem with the battery?
    02-16-10 03:48 PM
    I think it should be reading more personally. The battery is rated for 3.7V. 2.5V is considered 'dead' I believe.

When plugged into the wall charger my tour is making a funny whining noise. a pretty high frequency, with, or without the battery.

ugh I have a feeling telus is going to make me replace it with a brand new one at full price
    02-16-10 03:51 PM
    Best of luck to you, I hope you get it resolved cheap and easy.

Like it's been said, I would try a new battery first. If you plan on getting another Tour, it doesn't hurt to have an extra battery anyway but you can probably return it if you buy it local somwhere and save the receipt.

If it's not the battery, I cant think of anything else. I would then go to Telus.
    02-16-10 04:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD