I've never had reception issues with Verizon up until getting the Tour. I've gone through 3 phones, called vzw, had them escalate the problem where their field team supposedly even came out and gauged reception in my work area, and still nothing. Everywhere I am, indoors, I have reception going from 4 bars, to 0, to 1, 2, 4 back and forth. It's as if it doesn't know what signal to pickup.

I've had 50+ dropped calls easily since November when I got my first tour. The POS Storm had no issues in the same spots, home, office, etc.

I'm running standard OS's. I've pulled out the sim card, I've turned off global and made it run on 1xEV. Nothing helps.

Any thoughts?!?! I've even bought the Samsung network extender from verizon for my office so I can reliably have full signal for business calls. But now even at home, I don't have reception.

Thanks in advance.
    03-25-10 10:53 PM
    Yea thats strange I get reception with Verizon everywhere except my house. Hows that network extender? I need something for my house.
    03-25-10 11:35 PM
    Hmm odd. Try a PRL update (*228)?
    03-26-10 03:01 AM
    Tour is famous for signal issues. My tour's signal jumps up and down all the time but doesn't drop calls.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-10 05:08 AM
    Definitely not *228

The network extender is awesome. Just voice though, not data.

Any other input guys?
    03-26-10 11:51 AM
    That is strange. Maybe the Tour doesn't do as good as the Storm in terms of reception but my phone does okay in a marginal area (Nickerson KS for those who know) when I go out there for work once a week.
    03-26-10 01:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD