Is there a way to mute this sound?
    07-24-09 01:33 AM
    Yeah, spend $4 on an app, BerryAnnoying

That's some expensive line of code they got there.
    07-24-09 01:40 AM
    you would have thought they would have an option by now...maybe with 5.0? makes it hard for me to be a perv when ppl know im taking pictures...lol j/k
    07-24-09 02:00 AM
    you would have thought they would have an option by now...maybe with 5.0? makes it hard for me to be a perv when ppl know im taking pictures...lol j/k
    LOL! I actually read somewhere in here about this before.

What I read said that it was not permitted by the law to have a camera phone on the market without it making a sound when taking a pic... Sounds weird?
    07-24-09 02:12 AM
    LOL! I actually read somewhere in here about this before.

What I read said that it was not permitted by the law to have a camera phone on the market without it making a sound when taking a pic... Sounds weird?
    It's not a law in the US.
    07-24-09 03:36 AM
    It's not a law in the US.
    But it is a pending Bill called the Camera Phone Predator Act.
    07-24-09 07:24 AM
    Does anyone know of an app that I can by that will totally disable any of the functions on my phone. The whole thing is really annoying and I'd be willing to pay a decent price to resolve that.

Come on. Is a camera shutter noise really a major issue that you'd pay someone to disable it?
    07-24-09 07:27 AM
    "build it and they will come...."
    07-24-09 07:29 AM
    But it is a pending Bill called the Camera Phone Predator Act.
    A pending bill doesn't mean anything. There's a lot of pending bills.
    07-24-09 07:58 AM
    yeah extremely annoying...
    07-24-09 08:01 AM
    BerryAnnoying is great
    07-24-09 08:07 AM
    If you're on a phone call (or checking voicemail), the camera will be silent.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-09 08:32 AM
    Keep in mind CDMA devices can NOT have have the camera shutter sound muted. Lets not tell folks to buy apps that won't work on the Tour
    07-24-09 08:39 AM
    Keep in mind CDMA devices can NOT have have the camera shutter sound muted. Lets not tell folks to buy apps that won't work on the Tour
    I'm a noob here, but the APP works 10000%
    07-24-09 08:41 AM

As stated in one of the other 99 threads on this very subject, BerryAnnoying does in fact work on Tours.
    07-24-09 08:43 AM
    I'm a noob here, but the APP works 10000%
    Interesting, even the app developer warned that it does not work on xx30 CDMA devices. Do you know something they don't know?
    07-24-09 08:43 AM
    As stated in one of the other 99 threads on this very subject, BerryAnnoying does in fact work on Tours.
    I stand corrected then.
    07-24-09 08:44 AM
    Interesting, even the app developer warned that it does not work on xx30 CDMA devices. Do you know something they don't know?
    I'm not sure lol
    07-24-09 08:45 AM
    Keep in mind, this app was originally a freebie, released a few years ago.
    At that time, and up until the Tour, It did not work on cdma phones.
    It won't work on any other cdma BB, but I loaded it on my Tour to test it for someone and it does in fact work.
    It comes with a free trial here, and is also for sale at the cb store ---- > Download BerryAnnoying 1.6 for Blackberry Free Trial - BerryAnnoying resolves an annoying oversight in all BlackBerry devices equipped with a digital camera: the shutter sound. - Softpedia
    07-24-09 08:52 AM
    I guess it's time to finally try it.
    07-24-09 08:57 AM
    I have the Tour, BerryAnnoying mutes the shutter sound perfectly... not sure if that counts though since the Tour is both CDMA and GSM...

The shutter sound bill before congress (sponsored by my A-hole congressman mind you) will never stand up to muster. There's way too much ambiguity here and it creates way too big a slippery slope situation in the possibility of generating a technicality loop hole for a criminal to get off. (Can you tell I work for a law firm?)
    Last edited by gimpyviper; 07-24-09 at 08:58 AM. Reason: typo
    07-24-09 08:57 AM
    Ok confirmed, works AOK on the Tour. Good thing I checked this thread. That shutter has been annoying me since my 8330.
    07-24-09 09:20 AM
    Just bought it to test. Works great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-09 10:04 AM
    Just found this one. Its not the greatest, but can be used for those times you dont want the shutter sound.

Peekaboo....I just got it and it works on the Tour. No config, just click it, or set it to a convenience key and it goes right to the camera but only gives you a few seconds before it takes the picture.

http://www.berrycoder.com/peekaboo.jad

In case anyones wondering, this is where i got it and the review.
    BlackBerry Sync – BlackBerry News You Can Sync With… � Silence your BlackBerry Camera Shutter (Free Download)
    Last edited by berryfit; 07-24-09 at 10:23 AM.
    07-24-09 10:21 AM
    yea it is a pending bill on the shutter sound thing.. its just like charging ports, its not necessarily a law to not have micro usb.. however it is frowned upon.. i know i work for Sprint and its real easy to sell someone a car charger when i tell them that all phones are coming out with the same charging method!
    07-24-09 11:04 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD