Hi there,
    I've had my Tour (from Verizon) ever since it's release and can easily say that it's a huge step up from my Curve. However, I'm having some issues that are becoming increasingly irksome. I apologize if these topics have been covered elsewhere (just link me to the post if my question has been answered already):

1. Lately, my Tour has been randomly changing the time zone it is in. I live in the Pacific Time Zone (-8), but today my phone decided that it wants to live in Eniwetok (-12). I didn't change this, I didn't go anywhere near the Date/Time settings when this changed. Why is this happening?
    2. I have my Date/Time source set to Network. When I go to other time zones (such as Washington DC), the Network Time displays the correct time, but it doesn't bother to update the device's time. What is the point of the Date/Time Source if it doesn't actually update anything?
    3. When I'm in a different time zone, text messages send in the local time. However, I receive them in my home time zone. For example, if I send a text at 1:00 PM in DC and receive a reply five minutes later, it will be timestamped 11:05 (the time back where I live, California). I've called Verizon on this one and they say that my texts are being routed through California and there was nothing that can be done. However, this wasn't an issue when my sister went to DC with me; everything was timestamped correctly for her.

Hopefully, you guys will have some answers to these issues. Thanks!
    08-14-09 12:06 PM
    Item 1 - is your computer time right? Does this happen right after a sync? Make sure in the sync config in the DM, that the check box for update date and time is not checked.

Items 2 - 3 All BB devies have to manually changed to the time zone you are in. Just the way it is. options>date and Time and change it there.
    08-14-09 12:48 PM
    Alright, thanks for the reply. I don't recall it happening after a sync. It usually happens overnight when I'm sleeping, and I notice it when I wake up.
    08-14-09 12:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD