I have tried multiple players and multiple cards and every time I play mp3's off of my media card, eventually the card will dismount and I have to reboot to get it back. Even removing the card and reinserting it won't do it. I'm really getting frustrated with this. I can play movies all the way through, and store data with no problems, but start playing mp3's and it's a goner.
    09-08-09 04:44 PM
    What format (bit rate) are your mp3 files? Is this the card that came with the phone or one from another phone? If an older card from another BB, erase the thumbnail.dat files in your mp3 folder(s). Good luck.

Try another card - borrow one from a friend - I don't know the software but maybe playing mp3's uses different "modules" than video. This might rule in/out your BB.
    09-08-09 07:15 PM
    The bit rate varies from 120 to 180kbs. I have tried different cards and different players.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-09 07:53 PM
    It could be a bad Tour. I guess you could try reloading the OS (are you using the stock OS?) to see if one of the modules might be the issue. It happens on a variety of MP3 files?

Oh, Covington - a southern neighbor. Seattle, here.
    09-08-09 10:56 PM
    Yeah, I've done that too. I'm trying wma's. It seems promissing so far.
    09-09-09 09:00 AM
    Yep, once I converted all of my mp3's to wma, they worked flawlessly. There must be a bad mp3 decoder in there somewhere.
    09-09-09 04:01 PM
    Interesting. All of my mp3's are from my 8830 when I moved the 8gig card over yesterday. And those were placed on the card manually using drop/drag. Conversion occurred who knows where over the years.
    09-09-09 05:28 PM
    Yep. I'd used the same mp3's on my 8330 curve with no problems. I have done multiple reloads of the OS, different versions, always with a wipe first. I wonder if the mp3 decoder is in hardware somewhere and I managed to damage it. Anyway, I've converted all to wma and they work find (and take up a little less room), so all is well... I guess.
    09-09-09 05:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD