Ok since on my 3rd storm and one I got lock won't work they sending me a tour kinda happy but to move all my info over and take all info off of my storm how is best way todo do it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-09 12:06 AM
    desktop manager has a device switch wizard
    it's pretty self explanatory

don't bother transferring apps over because the storm ones obviously don't work right on the tour. I wasn't paying attention and did this and had to uninstall all the old storm apps before reinstalling the right tour versions.
    08-28-09 12:11 AM
    Ok so the apps don't work ok but to get stuff off of both storms what's best I know it says reerase all stuff but how do if ur in that part

08-28-09 12:13 AM
    Only apps I use is goggle laytutude uber twotter quick pull they all work on tour I take it

08-28-09 12:15 AM
    I would suggest backing up the info from the storm with the desktop manager then restoring that backup onto the tour. I used the device switch wizard when I went from my storm to my tour and had all sorts of problems and when I called up cs at vzw he told me to do the back up which worked fine. For deleting the info on your storm you'll want to do a memory wipe which if you don't know how to do go into options then security options, from security options go into general settings, once in general setting hit the blackberry key and scroll to wipe handheld. That will take all your info off the storm and put it back to factory settings.
    08-28-09 12:20 AM
    Ok sounds simple !! I just hOpe it goes good I been a storm lover I guss ya say lol and I herd good and bad stuff about it from here and ever where I just want a phone that will work good and not lock up as much

08-28-09 12:27 AM
    Is the bat good on them I havd charge this one 2 a day are they the same?

08-28-09 12:28 AM
    Is the bat good on them I havd charge this one 2 a day are they the same?

The battery on my tour seems like it might be slightly better than my storm but not a huge difference.
    08-28-09 12:31 AM
    Ok it take about hour charge it like storm

08-28-09 12:38 AM
    Hope its worth it paid 20 for sat deliver

08-28-09 12:39 AM
    I get see fedx man wes thursday Friday Sat and sure monday just for phones ha ha

08-28-09 12:42 AM
    did backup (8830) and restore (9630) weeks ago, and it worked great. I even retained the majority of my settings. FYI
    08-28-09 02:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD