We are considering moving from the standard cell phone to a Tour via Verizon. Can this device synch to my Outlook calendar, contacts, etc on my PC? What is the deal with the email plan at Verizon? Does this allow me to use the apps such as Facebook, or will I get charged seperately for this? The only drawback right now is the cost, but I do get a nice discount through my employer which will ease the pain.

Any additional advice is appreciated.
    09-16-09 10:58 AM
    yes it can sync to all of those. I'm not positive that the email plan is the same as the data plan. You need data plan to access facebook, and most other apps.
    09-16-09 11:00 AM
    The blackberry email plan on verizon gives you unlimited use on all data services so you don't need to pay more each month for use of facebook and other apps.
    09-16-09 11:07 AM
    You can indeed sync all of those things. Verizon's BB data plan includes both email and all other apps that use data, so you will be able to use Facebook, etc. at no additional cost besides the data plan you will already be getting for the email anyways.
    09-16-09 04:24 PM
    Find out if your employer uses a Blackberry Enterprise Server as well. If they do, you will want to get the Enterprise data plan.
    09-16-09 05:45 PM
    There is no such animal as an email plan....all Blackberries on VZW must have a Data Plan whether it is BIS or BES. Bis is 29.99 and BES is 49.99

Welcome to the addiction the BB will synch all info from your PIM.
    09-16-09 07:42 PM
    I am also thinking of getting a BB via Verizon. Can anyone tell me if there are any Quickbooks applications for the BB?
    09-16-09 07:51 PM
    I am also thinking of getting a BB via Verizon. Can anyone tell me if there are any Quickbooks applications for the BB?
    Dont believe so. The issue would be storage of the QB file and the real estate of the QB home screen would be almost impossible to pull off on the tour.
    09-16-09 08:56 PM
    Find out if your employer uses a Blackberry Enterprise Server as well. If they do, you will want to get the Enterprise data plan.
    Why would you want your employer to be able to log everything you do with your personal phone? I would never use my employer's BES unless they paid for the phone 100%. That's just me though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-09 09:13 PM
    There is no way I would ever enable my employer access to my personal phone. Now if I was in a position where the phone was provided, then thats just part of the territory along with following email and support while on vacation. I personally like to take a vacation, being out of the office and out of town but still following work is no vacation. Thats a sure fire way to end up napping in the dirt WAY earlier than you should.
    09-17-09 06:20 AM
    What are the coolist apps you have on your Tour? What would you reccomend a beginner?
    09-17-09 06:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD