Wow, okay finally..this guy said "Yes I have done this several times already, and I will go ahead and credit your account". SO I guess the 13th call is a charm. 45 minutes worth of calls, 50 bucks. Thanks crackberry!

Lol

You too Nobodyshome.

So if you are having trouble just keep calling that 1800 number option 4 until they bite. It toally worked for me, finally.
    07-17-09 03:59 PM
    Just spoke with International Dept., they said the $50 applies ONLY if you upgrade to the new world phone thru their dept.

I'll try back in a little while and see if I get another rep. and get the correct answer.
    07-17-09 04:03 PM
    This is legit, I just got off the phone with customer service (Only took one call) and they credited me $50.00 for purchasing a global capable phone. I also got my $50.00 credit for being a Verizon VIP. When you factor in the corporate discount I got I think I made out pretty well on this phone.
    07-17-09 04:03 PM
    I'm on Sprint, and I just received an email from their Account Services dept saying I'm also eligible for the $50. I didn't even ask for it. I didn't sign up for any global plans FYI.
    What's their email? I want a credit too! I have Sprint. I called them the other day because my phone was on backorder for 2-5 days and they gave me a $25 credit for the inconvenience. Wonder if they'd tack on the $50 on top of it?
    07-17-09 04:04 PM
    Just got of the phone with the 800 number and he said the $50 credit is if you purchased threw their department. So when they ask tell them u purchased it threw them.
    07-17-09 04:05 PM
    Yea I definately only have a regular family plan. 2 lines, I am not the primary line. I just purchased my first blackberry in the store. I just received this and I have no intentions to travel over-seas. Didnt even have to discuss that. It is just a discount that NORMALLY applies to people who purchase through the global department. However, you can get it applied to this phone. I just did it. Took a little work but meh, I was bored. And I told them I purchased it in store and had I known I would get it cheaper through their department I would have ordered through them.
    Last edited by nerdstaz; 07-17-09 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Adding info
    07-17-09 04:06 PM
    and we can all call and ask for that REP. heh
    07-17-09 04:12 PM
    The second call did it. Thanks.
    07-17-09 04:31 PM
    No problem guys... if this works please post so we know!
    07-17-09 05:17 PM
    I just got off the phone with the rep. I was told that my credit would be applied on the 12th of august. I was given his name and a case number. I was assured that it will post. This was not an upgrade for me. I'm a new customer! That's why he didn't give it to me today...
    07-17-09 05:20 PM
    Got it on the first try

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-09 05:51 PM
    Awesome!! I just called and first try it was applied. Thanx OP
    07-17-09 06:26 PM
    Congrats....
    07-17-09 07:01 PM
    what should i say..the first time i tried it didnt work
    07-17-09 07:04 PM
    Per a tech at Global dept - due to overwhelming response to credit request - you MUST travel outside CONUS within 2 months or your credit will be revoked. He said even if you go to Mexico for one day - that would qualify you to keep the credit.
    07-17-09 07:13 PM
    I just got off the phone with the Global department they activated my tour for global use and credited my account on the first shot. There was no mention of having to travel to have the credit.
    07-17-09 07:18 PM
    1 call, 15 minutes - got a super friendly rep that not only gave me the $50 credit, but also gave me an unlock code.

Also confirmed no changes to account in terms of plan/rates, and didn't even have to activate the Verizon SIM card.
    07-17-09 08:08 PM
    1 call, 15 minutes - got a super friendly rep that not only gave me the $50 credit, but also gave me an unlock code.

Also confirmed no changes to account in terms of plan/rates, and didn't even have to activate the Verizon SIM card.
    I have to do this myself.
    07-17-09 08:09 PM
    I tried again, no luck. This guy was a little ruder - he said the only way to get it was to purchase the phone from Global services and since I already have it, I don't qualify.

How frustrating that we're all getting different answers. I hate to give up, $50 is $50!! (Especially after buying a new phone this week, )
    This is exactly what I was told...BUT...after telling him that I would just return the phone to the store and re-order through Global Services since I was within my 30-day window he put me on hold and his supervisor said he could do it this "one" time.

Now here is the interesting part....I told the rep I heard this on Crackberry.com and ..the rep specifically asked me to post on here to let everyone know what the deal is and that the Global Services dept. is country wide, not just in a certain market area. I had to thank the rep for giving me the discount for sure.

Thats about it.....

Hope this helps some peeps here.
    07-17-09 08:34 PM
    Just got my 50$ credit and sim unlock code in less then 5 min. Also was informed for the storms they can unlock those too!
    07-17-09 08:40 PM
    i actually find it humorous how many different responses you guys are getting. At the same time how can the Verizon CEO sleep at night knowing millions of people are getting false information? It's so ridiculous!
    07-17-09 09:51 PM
    Ahh so close!

After getting a rep that originally said he didn't know about it, he transferred me to the global department. Got a rep that also wasn't aware of the promotion but after telling her what I learned from you guys, she put me on hold and was about to give me the credit. As I was about to hang out after she said I had the credit, she goes "Let me just check that the discount wasn't given with the phone."

She checked my account and noticed I had a $50 credit that Verizon gave me 2 days ago from my update to the enV3 on another line. Of course, she now has to check a few things and call me back...

I was so close! I'm now waiting for her to call me back...
    07-17-09 09:57 PM
    Well, well apparently Verizon is not too thrilled about everyone finding out about this. According to the rep I spoke with, an email was circulated around the Global Services department detailing this promotion. She even cited this very post and named nobodyhome (congratulations, you're infamous within Verizon)

Anyway, she said I wasn't eligible, I guess I'll call back in the morning and try again.
    07-17-09 10:11 PM
    just called 5 mins ago, took a total of 3 mins and 45 secs (had to wait in line)... called number on first post option#4...

rep picks up...
    rep: how can i help you?
    me: i hear theres a $50 promotion going from a normal phone to a global phone??
    rep: there sure is, what is your number so i can credit your account
    me: number...
    rep: did you buy the phone at a store or trough us?
    me: store
    rep: oh ok so i will go ahead and credit your account then, it would be much effort to credit you back for the purchase price
    me: sure
    rep: your credit had been added your next monthly bill, is there anything else i can help you with?

:-D
    07-17-09 10:51 PM
    I called again tonight after I got off of work and was denied yet again. The rep I talked to this time even said there was a note on my account saying that I had been denied the first time I called. I guess I'm just SOL.
    07-17-09 10:56 PM
260 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD