A friend sent me an MMS message and when I went to open the attachment, which was a .jpg, it gave me an error message saying "Image Support Not Installed" I never had this problem before and the only thing I did recently was install the Hybrid OS. Does anyone have any idea what the problem may be Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Jean-Claude
    08-02-09 09:50 AM
    I had the same problem. I had my friend resend it and again the same problem. At last I told them to send it to my 8350i and it worked fine. Turned out the file was actually a .gif and not a .jpeg That's when I realized that the Tour will not "Playback" .gif files.
    08-02-09 09:53 AM
    I had the same problem. I had my friend resend it and again the same problem. At last I told them to send it to my 8350i and it worked fine. Turned out the file was actually a .gif and not a .jpeg That's when I realized that the Tour will not "Playback" .gif files.
    I'm not 100% sure if that's case because I think it was taken by another cell phone and sent to mine, but to make sure I'll have a friend send me a .jpg and try again.
    08-02-09 09:58 AM
    Ok so I had a friend of mine send me a jpg via MMS from his BB Storm and I still haven't received. He sent it about 5 minutes ago which seems like a really long time for a pic to come thru. Does anybody else know what the problem might be??? I'd really like to get this problem fixed.
    08-02-09 10:23 AM
    Sounds like it could be a network problem. I just MMS myself from another phone and received it fine and in a matter of seconds.

I'm using Sprint/Nextel
    08-02-09 10:29 AM
    Sounds like it could be a network problem. I just MMS myself from another phone and received it fine and in a matter of seconds.

I'm using Sprint/Nextel
    I don't know what the problem is. He sent it twice and still nothing. I sent him an image via MMS and he received it shortly.

Also the original attachment that I realized I had a problem with was also sent to my GF's BB Pearl and she received it and was able to open it with no problem. Do you think it has something to do with the Hybrid OS I installed Friday evening??? I see you also have the Hybrid OS installed and You don't have this problem.

Should I call VZW Support and see what they say?
    08-02-09 10:34 AM
    Check your PM
    08-02-09 10:42 AM
    I don't know what the problem is. He sent it twice and still nothing. I sent him an image via MMS and he received it shortly.

Also the original attachment that I realized I had a problem with was also sent to my GF's BB Pearl and she received it and was able to open it with no problem. Do you think it has something to do with the Hybrid OS I installed Friday evening??? I see you also have the Hybrid OS installed and You don't have this problem.

Should I call VZW Support and see what they say?
    I have the same issue. Any solution to this yet? Did u call VZW?
    08-02-09 04:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD