After a batterypull, the search bar is missing from the BB Browser start/home page. Address bar and bookmarks are there- just no search box or search provider selector. I have been running .230 without an issue for a couple of weeks (with numerous planned batt pulls) and UNinstalled Bolt yesterday...coincidence? Any one else have this issue and/or a solution.

On a somewhat related note- anyone have any success in editing the about:start page?
    10-10-09 04:08 PM
    After scouring the web for suggestions and coming up empty - I re-installed Bolt 1.5 and the search bar magically returned to BB browser! I don't have an affinity for the Bolt browser and it seems to increase lag on my Tour so I would like to remove it... Without losing the search bar.

Any BB experts available to provide me with some insight to rectify this situation? I am still waiting for am email response from the developers behind Bolt.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-09 09:17 PM
    the only thing i can think of is to go into the permissions of bolt (from options>applications) and change them all to deny or not allow. then do a battery pull and delete bolt again. see if that works.
    10-29-09 01:56 AM
    Let's see if my pro group can figure this out.

10-30-09 12:26 PM
    I had never tried Bolt but I have the same problem of no search box on the start page of the browser. I had just upgraded to os 5.0.0.411 and the search box is not present. Did anyone ever figure out what causes it to disappear and reappear (besides Bolt)? I have also spent hours searching the internet for a solution and found nothing.
    01-14-10 06:31 AM
    This search box depends on servicebooks that provider is sending. I never have this search box...
    01-14-10 06:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD