Hi,

So I was checking the status and noticed my memory file free is 122110508 Bytes. Shouldn't it be significantly more? I know there is a demo video and audio file that I haven't deleted (if it's even possible) but I was expect it to start with a 2 instead of a 1. Is the 256MB spilt into two? Anyone know?

edit - I had deleted the installed games and BB Msgr before checking the status and after a battery pull.
    07-18-09 03:41 PM
    the os takes up space...
    07-18-09 03:54 PM
    Yeah. But that much? I've deleted everything I can think of and even used MemMax and I'm still only at 125 free.
    07-18-09 04:15 PM
    Yeah. But that much? I've deleted everything I can think of and even used MemMax and I'm still only at 125 free.
    Why is 125MB free bad
    07-18-09 04:16 PM
    Why is 125MB free bad
    Oh I guess it's not, I just was assuming I'd have more free on a 256 device that's all.
    07-18-09 04:26 PM
    125 is better than the 11 I had on the pearl

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-09 04:31 PM
    The memory on my BlackBerry Curve 8320 says 4045903 bytes of free memory, is that normal? what should should the memory be running under?
    07-18-09 10:34 PM
    The memory on my BlackBerry Curve 8320 says 4045903 bytes of free memory, is that normal? what should should the memory be running under?
    4 MB is pretty bad actually. You should be above 10MB or you risk a laggy phone, and possibly having emails and SMS messages literally delete before your eyes.

Use the Increasing File Free memory link in my sig below to get your file free memory up.
    07-18-09 10:38 PM
    4 MB is pretty bad actually. You should be above 10MB or you risk a laggy phone, and possibly having emails and SMS messages literally delete before your eyes.

Use the Increasing File Free memory link in my sig below to get your file free memory up.
    DO you know whats causing this? cause i only have 3 custom themes, pandora, yahoo messenger, msn messenger, opera mini, myspace app, ubertwitter
    07-18-09 10:54 PM
    DO you know whats causing this? cause i only have 3 custom themes, pandora, yahoo messenger, msn messenger, opera mini, myspace app, ubertwitter
    Your camera or video recorder may be saving to the internal memory instead of a memory card. Either that, or you could have a program that keeps running and chewing up memory.
    07-19-09 12:25 AM
    Photos and videos save to the memory card. Did a wipe and got 129MB Free. Seems strange it would take that much for RAM and the OS. Personally, I would have been happy with the OS used on the curve on the speedier CPU... Don't make it purdier, make it faster...
    07-19-09 05:50 PM
    Photos and videos save to the memory card. Did a wipe and got 129MB Free. Seems strange it would take that much for RAM and the OS. Personally, I would have been happy with the OS used on the curve on the speedier CPU... Don't make it purdier, make it faster...
    I had a Curve once that would revert to saving pictures to the internal memory, even though I constantly selected the memory card option. You may want to make sure this isn't happening. There are also sometimes problems with programs that have memory issues. If you use any medical programs, like Epocrates, that could be the problem. There is an update for that program that can help. Also, just do a process of elimination to see if there is another program that could be causing this.
    07-19-09 05:54 PM
    Your camera or video recorder may be saving to the internal memory instead of a memory card. Either that, or you could have a program that keeps running and chewing up memory.
    All my pictures and videos are being saved to my memory card. but how can i tell which program is chewing up the memory?
    07-19-09 07:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD