I just bought a Tour used. I havent activated it yet but through my laptop I installed all my info (contacts etc..) through the desktop manager. The service provider is Sprint. I have noticed that there are some apps/icons missing from the menu. Most importantly there is no web/internet icon/app and no BlackBerry app world icon/app. There are also others missing, Pandora, Sprint Nav, Sprint TV and a few others. These I am pretty sure I can download for free, but what about the web and app world? Why are they missing? Is it because the phone is not activated yet?
    07-17-10 03:16 AM
    Also wanted to add that the guy a bought the phone from did a system wipe before he gave it to me, does that have anything to do with it?
    07-17-10 06:05 AM
    Generally, the Browser does show up once Service Books are updated with activation.

Rim introduced some bug with the newest upgrade to Apppworld - in some cases the app gets installed and shows up under apps but there is NO icon and no way to launch it. But worry about that later.
    07-17-10 09:43 AM
    Generally, the Browser does show up once Service Books are updated with activation.

Rim introduced some bug with the newest upgrade to Apppworld - in some cases the app gets installed and shows up under apps but there is NO icon and no way to launch it. But worry about that later.
    Why do you say worry about it later?
    I will probably go to a Sprint store today hopefully and get it activated. I will ask them about these issuses before I have it turned on.
    07-19-10 04:19 AM
    Those applications that you noted in your OP are controlled by Service Books.

As noted above, they will not show up until the device is activated.
    07-19-10 05:59 AM
    Actived the phone yesterday all icons are now there. Thanks
    07-20-10 03:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD