Hey guys, i'm new to crackberry and usually when i have a problem, i can find the answer somewhere online, but this one has me stumped so i had to make an account and ask you guys. here goes.

so, i get a missed call. On the screen, it says "you have 1 new missed call. View OR close"

If i select view, it will take me to my missed call folder, but the missed call icon on the top of the screen doesn't go away.

I have to press the green talk button, which takes me to my recent calls list, and then it goes away.

whats weird is that, this only started happening after i upgraded my entire blackberry a few months ago, whenever the upgrade was available.

does anyone know what im talking about? can anyone fix this problem? why doesn't the icon go away when i "view" my missed call?
    01-28-10 10:50 AM
    when you get that missed call and then it takes you to the missed calls folder, you actually have to click on that missed call to view it, then the icon goes away
    01-28-10 10:53 AM
    yeah but it wasn't like that before i updated it. why do i have to click on the missed call for it to go away, shouldn't it go away after i actually SEE the missed call in the list? you know what i mean? thats how it used to be.
    01-28-10 10:57 AM
    btw, thanks for the quick response.
    01-28-10 11:00 AM
    parsh, mine does the same thing, kinda seems stupid to have to click "view" then once in the folder click "view" on that call again to get it to go away

I just got in the habit of pressing end (red) then send (green) then end again after I look at it. just another wierd quirk i guess
    01-28-10 12:27 PM
    Same thing happens if you get a new email, SMS, etc....If you don't click it and view it, then the notification will remain at the top.
    01-28-10 12:29 PM
    what sense does this make though?!
    01-28-10 12:45 PM
    what sense does this make though?!
    it makes you view the missed call to make sure you saw it i guess lol
    01-28-10 02:34 PM
    It's actually a good thing, a lot of times I see who called say to myself I'll call them back later and then forget, so the little icon reminds me.
    01-28-10 03:03 PM
    It's actually a good thing, a lot of times I see who called say to myself I'll call them back later and then forget, so the little icon reminds me.
    i guess, but for those of use with OCD when it comes to little icons on our screen it makes me go Crazy!! lol
    01-29-10 08:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD