having a little issue with the mic on my phone. on speakerphone it works great, when on handset sometimes if i tilt it upside down the mic doesnt work. is this common?

i.e. when i talk in bed and the mic isnt pointed down people say i sound muffled. but if i have it on speaker and tilt it in the same way, people can hear me. weird right? you would think that if the mic dont work a certain way, speakerphone shouldnt work either.... hmmm

thoughts?
    09-07-09 02:41 PM
    having a little issue with the mic on my phone. on speakerphone it works great, when on handset sometimes if i tilt it upside down the mic doesnt work. is this common?

i.e. when i talk in bed and the mic isnt pointed down people say i sound muffled. but if i have it on speaker and tilt it in the same way, people can hear me. weird right? you would think that if the mic dont work a certain way, speakerphone shouldnt work either.... hmmm

thoughts?
    When you are using the handset it uses the other mic in the speakerphone for noise cancellation and it doesn't work very well which can sometimes cause you to sound muffled if you aren't holding the phone normally. When you turn on the speakerphone it does not use the noise cancellation feature so it sounds much clearer, hopefully it will be fixed with a software update.
    09-07-09 05:05 PM
    Anyone else have this problem
    09-07-09 06:13 PM
    When you are using the handset it uses the other mic in the speakerphone for noise cancellation and it doesn't work very well which can sometimes cause you to sound muffled if you aren't holding the phone normally. When you turn on the speakerphone it does not use the noise cancellation feature so it sounds much clearer, hopefully it will be fixed with a software update.
    i feel like it has to a defect on my phone. i mean, how many Tour users lie down in bed or on the couch to talk to people? hmmmm. i would expect a flood of question. ur theory is sound based on this noise cancellation feature, but is my situation enough to merit a replacement?
    09-08-09 02:13 AM
    I have the exact same problem! I have a bad habit of putting the phone on my shoulder while I am talking and no one can hear me. It has gotten so bad that my bf automatically says "you have the phone on your shoulder again-do you need me to let you go?" It is SO frustrating!
    09-08-09 09:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD