Hi Everyone,

My bb messenger seems to have disappeared with the new OS update. When I re-downloaded it from the App World, I was about to install it but a prompt popped up: "BB Messenger 5.0.0.33 is already installed. Replace with BB Messenger 5.0.0.33?" I declined, and now when I try to run it (for instance, from My World which is the only place I can find it), nothing happens.

Does anybody have any advice for me that would involve me keeping my BBM contacts?

Thanks,
    Chetan
    11-22-09 10:51 PM
    Umm make sure it's not hidden.....
    install it anyway and do a battery reset.
    11-22-09 10:55 PM
    Hi there,

thanks for helping out. The option to install it is not there anymore. I can only hit the run button, read reviews, etc. I have tried multiple battery pulls, all to no avail.

Any other ideas?
    11-22-09 11:13 PM
    Try going to blackberry.com/messenger on your berry and downloading it from there.
    11-22-09 11:14 PM
    does it show in the "my world" part of app world? if it does, uninstall, delete.. battery pull and reinstall.

to delete you have to wait until the phone reboots after the uninstall, go back into my world, highlight bbm, press bb key and click delete.

hope that helps a little.

also: have you looked in the instant messaging folder? sounds like a dumb question, but i couldn't find mine after the new OS update and that's where it was.
    11-23-09 04:38 AM
    Hi Everyone,

My bb messenger seems to have disappeared with the new OS update. When I re-downloaded it from the App World, I was about to install it but a prompt popped up: "BB Messenger 5.0.0.33 is already installed. Replace with BB Messenger 5.0.0.33?" I declined, and now when I try to run it (for instance, from My World which is the only place I can find it), nothing happens.

Does anybody have any advice for me that would involve me keeping my BBM contacts?

Thanks,
    Chetan
    This happened to me too after I got my replacement Tour and used the device switch wizzard. Just accept the over-write and you'll be fine.
    11-23-09 06:26 AM
    I have also found that things seem to install better when I DON'T use App World. I have been going straight to the websites and using the install links there for most apps that I have gotten over the past couple weeks.
    11-23-09 12:53 PM
    It disappeared on mine. After a reboot or two didn't help, here's what i did:
    -Backup with DM (so i wouldn't lose my contacts)
    -Options -- Advanced -- Applications -- BBM -- Menu key -- Delete.
    -Battery Pull
    -go to blackberry.com/messenger from your BB Browser
    -Reinstall
    -Restore backup.

Also, if you use the "backup via email" option, you can just tell the new installation of bbm to backup from your email address, and you're good to go.
    11-23-09 01:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD