I have a message icon showing 1w/envelope for about 3 hours now. I open the messages folder and of course, it is empty. I have searched through the messages folder in the "View Folder" area but everything is empty. All I want to do is find a simple solution to eliminate the icon in the top bar. Ideas?? I haven't done a battery pull yet and wonder if that might make a difference.
    07-22-09 08:59 PM
    I have the same thing right now--1 envelope and no unread emails anywhere!? I'm hoping maybe it will clear when the email purges (>30 days).
    07-22-09 09:09 PM
    Definitely try a battery pull...sometimes my LED wouldn't shut off and a battery pull always fixes that.
    07-22-09 09:09 PM
    If you have multiple e-mails and are like me, you hid the message icons for the e-mails and use the original message icon for consolidated e-mails, correct? If you un-hide those icons you will find that one (or more) of them has an * on them. Go into that icon and it should auto reconcile after a battery pull. It's a bug from the restore process.
    07-22-09 09:23 PM
    Also checked missed calls guys, as they get overlooked sometimes. If that's not it go to messages folder and hit "u" for unread message.
    07-22-09 09:32 PM
    The battery pull worked but before I did that I hid one of my two email icons from the main menu! How do I get it back? If they call them smartphones, how come I feel so stupid?!
    07-22-09 09:38 PM
    I have the same issue...still havent figured out a fix yet. My envelope has a 14 next to it though, geesh.
    07-22-09 09:41 PM
    Also checked missed calls guys, as they get overlooked sometimes. If that's not it go to messages folder and hit "u" for unread message.

That worked, thanks! It was a Blackberry registration message.
    07-27-09 09:35 PM
    That worked, thanks! It was a Blackberry registration message.
    Your welcome glad it helped.
    07-27-09 09:45 PM
    Well I have no new messages but my LED is still flashing. I have pulled the battery but no change
    07-28-09 06:27 AM
    i had a Storm and with 3 different phones after the upgrade to the new OS, it started to do the "Mystery Message". I have a Tour now, and it started, but after like 5 minutes it disappeared. Prior to that I did a reset/pull and it removed itself. It has to be a issue with the OS, which is the same as the Storms OS.
    07-28-09 07:50 AM
    ive been seeing alot of this from missed call icons that arent clicked! check those.
    07-28-09 05:04 PM
    The part that is bugging the heck out of me is having to click on every single missed call and every single voice mail alert in order to get the icons to go away. My regular phone they went away when I listened to my voicemails. I get off my teaching job and I have six missed calls and six voice mail alerts. I have to open twelve messages to get rid of the icons even though I have already checked my messages and responded to all my customers from my business.

Is there a way to get this to stop?
    09-22-09 08:28 PM
    The part that is bugging the heck out of me is having to click on every single missed call and every single voice mail alert in order to get the icons to go away. My regular phone they went away when I listened to my voicemails. I get off my teaching job and I have six missed calls and six voice mail alerts. I have to open twelve messages to get rid of the icons even though I have already checked my messages and responded to all my customers from my business.

Is there a way to get this to stop?
    I dont know if you can stop it per say and i would love to see if there waas a way but you dont have to open them... you can select it hit alt U and then it will mark it as opened and also the opposite if it has been opened (for those shady BF/GF's out there) ha... maybe that will help you now get fustrated for now.
    09-22-09 08:53 PM
    I dont know if you can stop it per say and i would love to see if there waas a way but you dont have to open them... you can select it hit alt U and then it will mark it as opened and also the opposite if it has been opened (for those shady BF/GF's out there) ha... maybe that will help you now get fustrated for now.
    Shorter than opening each one. Thanks. Maybe they'll fix this in a future update.
    09-22-09 11:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD