I am new to Crackberry and have recently purchased a new Tour, which I've had fun using. I am relatively unfamiliar with blackberries and purchased the device with the hopes of storing many medical applications (as I am in the medical profession) as well as some for fun. I also purchased a 16 gb microSD car as well for this purpose. I am confused regarding how much application memory I have and whether or not I can store apps to my memory card. When I check my memory, I have 95 MB of application memory (I am using pandora, epocrates, verizon visual voice mail at this time and have been holding off on some of the bigger medical software at this time given the size) . I am wondering if the 95 MB is all the memory I have for apps. I have been to two Verizon stores with this question and have received two entirely different answers. One said that the Tour will not allow apps to be stored to the memory card and another said it was possible but did not know how to do it. Big difference, needless to say.

I was wondering if someone could clarify my question a bit regarding saving apps to my memory card (if possible). I have reviewed several threads but am quite confused! Thanks much!
    08-10-09 01:01 PM
    Yeah 95mb is what you have left for apps which is plenty. You can't store apps to the memory card though.
    08-10-09 01:07 PM
    You can store applications to the memory card but the applications cannot be ran from the card. So I would only store applications that i never use on my card. To do this, you need the latest version of BB App world. You can get it here.BlackBerry - BlackBerry App World Download

The application memory on the device should be more than enough to store every app you want. Most apps are only 1-5KB. Some of them are slightly more.

Hope this helps
    08-10-09 01:07 PM
    I have the blackberry app world but am not sure how this enables you to save to your memory card? pardon my ignorance!
    08-10-09 01:27 PM
    They can be archived there, which means they are not installed and therefore not usable at the moment. You would have to re install it to use it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-09 01:37 PM
    I have the blackberry app world but am not sure how this enables you to save to your memory card? pardon my ignorance!
    Open BB App World, go to "My World," highlight the app you want to archive, click BB button and choose archive.

App world will download the install files, and then store them on your memory card, so that if you ever want to re-install that app, you won't need to dowload it, only install it.
    08-10-09 01:57 PM
    There are also third-party applications like Aerize's "Card Loader" that allow you to install to and run applications from microSD cards. Be warned, however, that these clients don't always work properly, nor do the applications running from the card.
    08-10-09 02:20 PM
    I use SkyScape products. The reader is in main memory, but the databases are on the SD card. Check with the vendors of the applications you want, and see what they tell you about where they store their data.
    08-10-09 02:39 PM
    There are also third-party applications like Aerize's "Card Loader" that allow you to install to and run applications from microSD cards. Be warned, however, that these clients don't always work properly, nor do the applications running from the card.
    Aerize's Card Loader does not allow you to run apps from the microSD card, only to store them. This app is basically obsolete now that App World can do this natively (unless of course you don't use BB App World )
    08-10-09 03:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD