Is there any way to tell what is eating up the application memory? I have 18megs left, and I'm not exactly sure what is taking it all up.
    04-30-10 09:14 AM
    Only 18mb? Jeeze lol. If it started to happen recently I would start deleting the most recent apps you've installed and see if your memory gets more stable..how many apps do you have installed?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-10 09:20 AM
    how many are running would be my question
    04-30-10 09:33 AM
    I primarily noticed it after I loaded the NY times app. I got rid of the app, but I still don't have my memory (which was up around 45 or so). Is it possible that it didn't "clean up" after itself?
    04-30-10 09:33 AM
    I don't usually keep 3rd party apps (or non required) running. I am currently uninstalling google maps which has already taken like 20 minutes.
    04-30-10 09:36 AM
    Yikes..I'd try backing up any apps you NEED and wiping your device through security options. Might clean up quite a bit of extra data stored in your OS

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-10 09:50 AM
    Well, I wound up reloading my OS ... but not by choice. After figuring out that I had a LOAD of emails gumming up my memory (I got back about 30 megs or so). I loaded the NY times app, and it crashed my BB. So, I wound up reloading my OS. Now that I've done it once I'm tempted to try some of the 5.0 hybrids, etc. I reloaded a 4.7 OS. I don't like what everyone has been saying about the 5.0 stuff.
    05-02-10 11:20 AM
    Another question - where do you keep your photos, music and videos? Internal memory or on an SD card. That really is LOW memory. I'm using a 419 hybrid, I believe and have been quite happy with it since early February. I've had little reason to look for another unless there is some reason for me to consider ptt. And as no one I know has ptt, I'm in no rush.
    05-02-10 12:24 PM
    I keep all of that on the 16G memory card I bought. Not sure what really was taking up all of the memory. Why not put a gig in it anyway? 256M is puny! 512 is Puny on the Tour 2.

I might have to try the .419 Where do I get it from?
    05-02-10 12:38 PM
    How do you tell how much memory space you have & if you have a memory leak or not?
    05-03-10 01:30 PM
    Open OPTIONS/status and look at the numbers provided. Periodically do it again and see if the numbers go down much. Programs, in a perfect world, would use memory and when closed, release any that they don't use. Mail programs obviously store your incoming/outgoing and so slowly use memory until you do housecleaning. A weather program should only store as much data as it displays and when new readings are downloaded should just overwrite the older data and not seek more storage over and over. Browser will keep history until you clean it out. But memory should not drop in huge amounts in normal use.
    05-03-10 02:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD