When i go to the media options to change my Device Memory Limit, the highest limit is 15mb, and i cant put many songs on my BBtour. I have a 1gb memory stick..any help?
    10-15-09 03:16 AM
    Get a bigger memory card?
    I have an 8gb in right now but planning on switching it up to a 16gb here soon.
    10-15-09 03:40 AM
    Go to Options>Media Card> make sure Media card support is on.

And get a bigger memory card.
    10-15-09 04:14 AM
    media support is on.
    Here's my info...

Application memory:
    Free space: 91.8

Media Card:
    Total space: 917.7mb
    Free space: 904.0mb

i dont get it...
    10-15-09 04:22 AM
    You cannot change device memory limit. I believe it's limited to 15 mb for most people correct?

You do however have 256 mb application memory and whatever amount of memory card you have.

Put songs either on your microsd card or your application memory.

The Tour does not have onboard memory like the Storm or Bold do.

Just turn on Media card support and mass storage mode on. Also, when you put songs on, you realize you have to choose to put them on your memory card right?
    10-15-09 04:25 AM
    What don't you get about that?
    It's pretty straight forward.
    I only have about 2 more mb on my app memory.
    And on my 8gb card it says total space is 7.6 gb, for some reason it never gives you the full card of space.
    So on a 1gb card that is about right.
    10-15-09 04:26 AM
    How are you trying to load songs to your phone? Do you use Desktop Manager?
    10-15-09 04:28 AM
    i think i know what im doing wrong, i was plugging my BB straight to my PC, and it was using the stock internal memory.
    10-15-09 04:52 AM
    And on my 8gb card it says total space is 7.6 gb, for some reason it never gives you the full card of space.
    On any memory card you will lose a small amount of space due to system formatting. If you have a device that can read/write raw data there is no need for formatting and you will get the full amount of the memory.

However, since there are no phones or devices that aren't proprietary and that read/write raw data...you will never have that option in this lifetime.

Dm
    10-15-09 07:28 AM
    Use the media manager program that is contained in the desktop manager menu. You can load songs, pics, movies with ease. A larger memory card is the way to go. I had a 2 gig that came with my tour and felt like I was cheating myself. I am very happy that I decided to get a 16 gig card. And definitely make sure that the settings that Madness87 posted.
    Last edited by veevans01; 10-15-09 at 08:54 AM.
    10-15-09 08:51 AM
    Beginner here...So when you dwn ld apps you can select for them to go the mem card
    10-15-09 09:05 AM
    On any memory card you will lose a small amount of space due to system formatting. If you have a device that can read/write raw data there is no need for formatting and you will get the full amount of the memory.

However, since there are no phones or devices that aren't proprietary and that read/write raw data...you will never have that option in this lifetime.

Dm
    That's a totally wrong answer. When manufacturers sell memory, whether it is 1 GB or 8 GB, the description of memory size isn't accurate. A 8 GB card doesn't really give you 8 GB memory. This is because computers use binary code (you've probably seen a series of 0's and 1's....0001 0010 0011 etc...I think I might have seen it in your signature before I hit reply).

Rather than showing you manually how to go from 1 bit to byte, then kilobyte, then megabyte, then gigabyte, I'll just quote the conversion factors from http://www.beesky.com/newsite/bit_byte.htm:

-----------
    # 1 byte = 8 bits
    # 1 kilobyte (K / Kb) = 2^10 bytes = 1,024 bytes
    # 1 megabyte (M / MB) = 2^20 bytes = 1,048,576 bytes
    # 1 gigabyte (G / GB) = 2^30 bytes = 1,073,741,824 bytes
    -----------

As you can see, for a computer, a 1 GB doesn't equal 1,000,000,000 bytes, it equals 1,073,741,824 bytes. However, manufacturers don't use the actual size, they use the publicly expected number (the first number). Thus, for a 8 GB memory card, you have 8,000,000,000 bytes, not 8,589,934,592 bytes. When you plug it into your computer, it looks at the 8,000,000,000 bytes and says that the memory card only has 7.4505 GB.

Basically the manufacturers are misleading customers since they are using a different scale.

Get a bigger memory card?
    I have an 8gb in right now but planning on switching it up to a 16gb here soon.
    That's not the issue that the OP is having. I think he's talking about the memory limit you set in Desktop Manager's sync which lets you decide what limit to set so it doesn't take up the entire card.
    10-15-09 09:36 AM

Dm
    I think my previous device htc touch pro would read/write raw data and I had to format an sd card for it...i could be wrong about the reading and writing part but I never formated a card in that device...
    10-15-09 09:48 AM
    I'm new to BlackBerry, literally my second week. I've install 5 apps and two games totaling 6mb. My unit says I have 128mb application memory. I have 878mb device memory. I have an 8gb mem card. One day, the little clock keeps appearing. I look at My World, it says I have 1.1mb available. I turn off/on, same thing. I take the battery out, replace, then I have 28mb. I read a couple of emails, I have 12mb. I delete all the emails, still 12mb. I take 4 pictures, I now have 2 mb, and again the little clock. I remove/install battery, back to 28mb.

How do I do a reboot or something like it without having to remove the battery each time? and why does my application memory keep dropping so low without trying to use device memory which seems plentiful?
    10-19-09 03:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD