I have seen a few posts regarding media cards, but this one is slightly different...

I have had my 4gb card in my phone since I bought it in September. Had an issue one time where the phone just up and stopped recognizing the card. Pulled the battery, came back, no problems.

A few days ago, the phone stopped recognizing the card. I pulled the battery, didn't work. Still doesn't recognize the card. I put the card in my card reader in my computer, the card had all my stuff on it. I put the card back into the phone, connected it to the computer, opened the explorer window, doesn't recognize the card.

So, I put the card back into my computer, backed up all my pics and videos, and put the card into the phone to format it. I then got the "Memory Card Format Failed" error.

Any ideas what I can do? Nothing is making sense here...
    12-13-09 06:14 AM
    Try formatting in on the computer with the card in a card reader instead of the phone. Then copy the data back to the card.
    12-13-09 07:33 AM
    I formatted the card in my SD card reader in my computer. Put the card back in the phone, still gives me an error message saying no card can be found. I try to format the card in the phone again, and get the same error message. Any other ideas?
    12-17-09 09:24 AM
    Get a new card.
    12-17-09 10:12 AM
    Just transferred my 16gb card from the curve to the tour and it wouldn't stay connected during data transfers. Phone no longer recognized the card and neither would the PC. Kind of a lost cause if the phone isn't recognizing it. Waiting for my new 8 gb class 6 to come in the mail. Hope you work it out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-09 10:19 AM
    See if you can put a different card into the phone. If that still doesn't work then you will know it is something wrong with the phone. Perhaps there is some dust where the connection takes place and needs to be cleaned. Perhaps the media card reader on the phone crapped out.
    12-17-09 10:19 AM
    I backed up my info, called Verizon, and they had me do a handheld wipe. After reloading, we discovered that the phone has a defect. They are mailing me a new phone by Tuesday. Thanks for the advice everyone!
    12-20-09 09:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD