Is there away to check my MB usage on the Tour? How long would it take to use up the 5 gigs allowed, what would you have to do? Thanks
    02-21-10 06:16 PM
    In the Options / Status screen, type BUYR. You won't see the letters, but 2 or 3 additional lines will be added to your display. One is the data usage. Mine says "exceeded 1048576k." It's not clear to me that the number ever resets.
    02-21-10 06:30 PM
    The BlackBerry Data Plan on Verizon is unlimited for data usage on the device.

The 5GB cap applies to tethering not to BlackBerry usage.
    02-21-10 07:09 PM
    Data usage can be checked by dialing #data from the device. You will get a free SMS with the info you seek
    02-21-10 07:16 PM
    Data usage can be checked by dialing #data from the device. You will get a free SMS with the info you seek
    IT would be hard in my opinion to even use 5gb in a month.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-10 07:22 PM
    IT would be hard in my opinion to even use 5gb in a month.

Agreed, but I am just answering the OP's quation how to check data usage from the device.
    02-21-10 07:25 PM
    I tried #DATA and got a recorded message that I wasn't authorized to get that info. Probably a BES-related issue. I'm not the owner of my account.

02-21-10 07:27 PM
    I tried #DATA and got a recorded message that I wasn't authorized to get that info. Probably a BES-related issue. I'm not the owner of my account.

I would venture to guess this is the reason.
    02-21-10 07:30 PM
    Sweet thanks
    02-22-10 09:19 PM
    thats a cool tip, never knew i could do that. thanks
    02-22-10 09:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD