My Blackberry Tour has some VERY inconsistent battery life... It seems like I've been able to pin it down to the 'Group Calander' app, as on days when that isn't running my battery life is awesome. Big problem is I don't even know why this stupid 'group calander' is even running.... I hold the blackberry key to show me what apps are running each morning, some mornings its there others its not... I can't quit it, and don't know what else could be draining my battery (it only drains on days when the group calander shows up in my running apps, and will fully drain and shut off my phone within 6 hours when normally my phone will last all day barely draining 2 bars on my home screen... anyone have any tips or info???
    09-28-10 10:02 PM
    pull battery......wait 30 minutes put battery back in
    09-28-10 10:22 PM
    Are you part of a BBM group?
    09-28-10 11:06 PM
    Are you part of a BBM group?
    My Blackberry Tour has some VERY inconsistent battery life... It seems like I've been able to pin it down to the 'Group Calander' app, as on days when that isn't running my battery life is awesome. Big problem is I don't even know why this stupid 'group calander' is even running.... I hold the blackberry key to show me what apps are running each morning, some mornings its there others its not... I can't quit it, and don't know what else could be draining my battery (it only drains on days when the group calander shows up in my running apps, and will fully drain and shut off my phone within 6 hours when normally my phone will last all day barely draining 2 bars on my home screen... anyone have any tips or info???
    If I'm following a.leah's train of thought, this could be what you're looking for; if not, might try doing a battery pull if you're not in the habit. Otherwise, backup and reload the OS.
    09-29-10 03:56 AM
    pull battery......wait 30 minutes put battery back in
    30 minutes? 30 seconds to one minute, sure; but 30 minutes? I get irritated at the few minutes it takes while my device is rebooting.
    09-29-10 03:58 AM
    Mine will do this when I put it in bedside mode on occasion. Go to bed with a full battery, put it in bedside mode, wake up and the warning light is on saying my battery is almost dead, don't get it. It's only happend 3 times though.
    09-29-10 06:38 AM
    If I forget to shut down radio apps like nobex or pandora it kills my battery even when not listening. Also google maps if I leave it on in the bg it kills my battery. Just check active apps every once in a while.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-10 02:17 PM
    My battery lasted a day and a half til I installed BeBuzz. Lasts about 8 hours with the app installed. Uninstalled it and back to normal. Don't see what is so great about BeBuzz anyway. Don't miss it at all.
    09-30-10 09:40 PM
    I've been checking my active apps to narrow it down... the only app that is running when my battery drains is this 'group calender' thing... I'm not a member of any bbm groups either... and if I select 'group calender' in my active apps screen it doesn't even open anything just puts me back at my home screen. It seems that 'group calender' opens at random, the last 2 days it hasn't been running and my battery life is awesome, goes all day (7 am to midnight and I only lose like a bar and a half) but when it is 'running' my battery drains in like 5 or 6 hours.
    09-30-10 10:02 PM
    My battery drained completely a few days ago and I had to rush home to put it on the charger. I left home at 6pm and by 8pm it was dead. On other days the battery is fine. Very confusing.
    10-02-10 04:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD