So last week I installed both meterberry and the operating system 5.643. I also recently installed a new theme which shouldn't matter. But anyway, it seems that in the past week or so, my battery has been terrible. I charged it this morning and it was dead by the time I left work at 5. I never really had any battery issues until recently. For example, I made a ~2 min. phone call today and it went from 20% to 8%. I have no idea why this is happening but ANY insight would be great. Thanks a lot.
    06-01-10 09:12 PM
    Mine appeared to be dropping a little more quickly when I went from 5.0.0.419 to .643. I gave it a couple of weeks and a handful of reboots, and battery life seems to be just about as good as I recall it being with .419. I never had any software to monitor my battery life though. Did you just install meterberry for the first time ever or did you have it with your previous OS also? I wonder if it's actually draining the battery a bit to have that run. Not sure though...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-10 09:20 PM
    What apps are you running in the background? How is your coverage?

If you have a lot of apps running in the background and updating constantly, like Facebook, Twitter, etc., your battery will drain.

You will also experience battery drain if you have poor coverage and the phone is searching for a signal when none is to be found.
    06-01-10 09:22 PM
    So last week I installed both meterberry and the operating system 5.643. I also recently installed a new theme which shouldn't matter. But anyway, it seems that in the past week or so, my battery has been terrible. I charged it this morning and it was dead by the time I left work at 5. I never really had any battery issues until recently. For example, I made a ~2 min. phone call today and it went from 20% to 8%. I have no idea why this is happening but ANY insight would be great. Thanks a lot.
    The theme can ABSOLUTELY matter. Change back and then monitor it.
    06-01-10 10:25 PM
    The theme can ABSOLUTELY matter. Change back and then monitor it.

+1. I had installed a theme which not only drained my battery but dropped my file free memory to under 10
    06-02-10 01:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD