I've had my Tour for a couple months now and still struggle with the keyboard. If I had to do it over again I wouldn't buy another one for that reason. My old Curve 8330 was far easier to type on.
    01-23-10 02:06 PM
    I'm glad that I'm not the only one struggling with the "chiclets".

I'm afraid this may be a deal breaker for me and my Tour... I keep thinking what good is all the great email stuff and word thingamabobs if it takes me 10 minutes to type a few sentences!?

Trying to resist the urge to chuck it through the window!

*sigh*

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-10 02:40 PM
    Kare.bear your technique may be off. I used many different types of phones with different inputs, touchscreens, full QWERTY on sliders, and others and I have to say none compare to the Tour's keyboard. The keyboard is different then any other keyboard I have use but over type I have become faster and faster. My sister has an 8900 and I think that's easier to pick up and get used to right away but once you get used to the Tour's keyboard it becomes much better. I don't know if you have any experience with QWERTY phones but if you don't then it will take probably months before you're completely comfortable but you will love it.
    01-23-10 03:55 PM
    Thanks, F3AR. I have no experience whatsoever with QWERTY phone keyboards. I know I'm just gonna have to stick with it. It is the general consensus that I'll eventually get the hang of it.

Eventually... I dream of the day I can pound out an epic email or post! :P

01-23-10 04:06 PM
    ...you want a 8330 travel? i have a mint custom one that you can pound on the chiklets again
    Lol, no thanks. My old one is sitting unused in a dresser drawer. It looks like an archaic slab of antiquity next to my Tour.

You know what would be nice? If they offered both styles of keyboards on the Tour. I'll take chiclets please, and hold the fries.

A Tour with a Curve keyboard. Now THAT'S what I'm talking about! Oh yeah.

Last edited by TravellingFool; 01-23-10 at 04:37 PM.
    01-23-10 04:33 PM
    Try typing with your finger nails. Helps me!!
    01-23-10 09:44 PM
    Thanks, F3AR. I have no experience whatsoever with QWERTY phone keyboards. I know I'm just gonna have to stick with it. It is the general consensus that I'll eventually get the hang of it.

Eventually... I dream of the day I can pound out an epic email or post! :P

No problem, but yea it will take a while before you are comfortable with a full QWERTY phone. My sister was in a similar situation when she was going to get her 8900 because she never had a QWERTY phone she wasn't sure if she would like it. Once she got it she would tell me she liked it but she couldn't type without looking at the keys like she used to on her old phones. However, now she loves it and I doubt she will ever go back to a regular phone.

Don't worry that dream will come true in the near future...just used you Tour a lot ...you can message me any time just for practice haha
    01-24-10 01:38 AM
    LOL my synapses must be getting old! My Tour is trying to reprogram my brain... So far my brain is putting up a pretty strong fight!

Cej, I've tried the finger nail technique... Kinda helps and kinda screws up my manicure too!

Thanks for the offer F3ar, I'd take you up on it if I knew how :P

Now this is completely off topic, but I must say the CrackBerry nation so far has been a great source of info and surprisingly a source of support.

Thanks y'all!

01-24-10 02:03 AM
    LOL my synapses must be getting old! My Tour is trying to reprogram my brain... So far my brain is putting up a pretty strong fight!

Cej, I've tried the finger nail technique... Kinda helps and kinda screws up my manicure too!

Thanks for the offer F3ar, I'd take you up on it if I knew how :P

Now this is completely off topic, but I must say the CrackBerry nation so far has been a great source of info and surprisingly a source of support.

Thanks y'all!

CrackBerry nation is awesome, the nation alone is a good reason to get a Blackberry haha.

And I'll send you a PM (private message), you will get it in the upper right hand side where your name is.
    01-24-10 02:09 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD