hey. im new to the forums here at crackberry but i was wondering if anyone could help me out with a verizon tour 9630. i downloaded the update to 5.0 and i received a 507 error? i then reloaded the 5.0 software onto it with i think no problem. restored my data so i have my contacts and stuff. but in the process my data plan was turned off it seems? i cannot access the browser, it doesnt even have an icon, cannot bbm, and all of my apps and such are gone. does anyone please know how to help me out?
    04-01-10 10:36 PM
    Do a batt pull. Then go to your manage connections and make sure your data is turned on. If it is not, then turn it on. If it is, then go to options, advanced options, host routing table then menu and click register. This will register u with the network.
    04-01-10 10:42 PM
    The same thing happened to me, I had an old BBerry back up from december, I know i backed up two weeks ago but i lost that somewhere, but now all my apps are gone, and no I don't mean third party apps. I mean task manager, all my games, and everything that came on the phone
    04-01-10 11:17 PM
    Search your computer for the backup file - its extension is IPD. So search - it probably is in Mydocuments or Documents. But you can search the entire computer in case it is elsewhere.

How did you upgrade? directly from the device or using Desktop Manager?

As for restoring your normal apps, run Desktop Manager and select the ones that are missing. If need be, you may need to download and install the OS to your computer.
    04-01-10 11:53 PM
    How do I do that? I downloaded the OS through the device, halfway through it crashed 3 times and I finally got it to update. I ran the back up file as soon as i got home to my laptop and thats when I lost ALL the normal apps
    04-01-10 11:55 PM
    Go:

BlackBerry® Software Updates

Follow the prompts and download the OS. Then you need to actually run it on your computer. Then run Desktop Manager.
    04-02-10 12:01 AM
    thanks dave. after that battery pull everything seemed to pop babk up as far as data goes. i think ill have to redownload some apps but its not too big of a deal. as soon as i restarted it and it loaded up i got about 6 emails and some of the icons back. thanks again. i just wish verizon or RIM had some way of making it so that that isnt even necessary. to the average user, who doesnt know these forums exist, you would have to call up verizon technical support.
    04-02-10 12:06 AM
    what if i have a mac lol
    04-02-10 12:19 AM
    anything? i really am lost right now without some of these apps.
    04-02-10 09:13 AM
    Beg, borrow or steal a Windows machine. I don't know how DM works on the mac so I can't offer any advice.
    04-02-10 10:01 AM
    I've used this method several times to upgrade my OS and every time it has restored not only the basic apps but third party apps. One of the reasons that using Apploader is much better than Desktop Manager to upgrade.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ting-system-os
    04-02-10 10:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD