Hey I have noticed that a couple of times I have lost my connection to BIS and get a 1xev until I restart my phone. Does anyone know why this is happening?
    08-25-09 01:07 AM
    Its really hard to pinpoint. First off I would ask what city and state you live in, check for any open trouble tickets or alerts in your area. Have you noticed a degraded signal with any friends with VZW or just your blackberry. If its just your blackberry try changing your SID. Go into the NAM1 settings by dialing ##000000 and drop down to the SID. For instance if your SID is 154 change it to 00154. If its 28, change it to 00028. Ensure there are 5 digits total within your SID. Then hit your blackberry menu key and save. If you do a soft reset this will be wiped and you'll have to do it again. Its a known fix in some trouble areas where the PRL isn't recognizing the correct SID format. After that I would take a look at your Data Sessions in the system and see how often you're dropping your connection, ask how often youre email stops coming through. Does this happen during a certain program, time of day, right after or before a call? After completing all the Tier 2 troubleshooting if we still dont have an answer I would replace your device. If you need any help PM me.
    08-25-09 02:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD