So I am looking to buy a new LCD screen for my Tour and I have seen various retailers that state their screen is for a GSM only Tour. Now I am not sure but after reading a variety of posts is their even such a thing? It sounds like since the Tour is a worldphone that all Tours are compatible on both CDMA and GSM networks the only difference is that you need the SIM card and the phone needs to be unlocked to accept it to run on a GSM network. Am I way off here or is this correct and these retailers just don't know what they are talking about.
    05-11-10 07:05 PM
    So I am looking to buy a new LCD screen for my Tour and I have seen various retailers that state their screen is for a GSM only Tour. Now I am not sure but after reading a variety of posts is their even such a thing? It sounds like since the Tour is a worldphone that all Tours are compatible on both CDMA and GSM networks the only difference is that you need the SIM card and the phone needs to be unlocked to accept it to run on a GSM network. Am I way off here or is this correct and these retailers just don't know what they are talking about.
    hello and welcome to the forum...ive crossed over to DRROOOIIIDDD but I have a pretty beat up tour thats been dropped and ran over and submerged in water that i paid 30 bucks for. i am repairing this phone just for fun and while look for a screen came across your post. the screens are going to run you about 40 to 130 bucks..just do a google search of Tour Screen 004-111/112 its the part number you need.

as far as the gsm/cdma screens im guessing the retailers meant that the screen you were asking about were for like the 8900, 9000, 9700, etc..

hope this helps you
    05-11-10 08:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD