Ok, I will be getting insurance. Would be silly not to with how much it costs. Now I probably will be buying at a corporate store, but maybe best buy. What do people think about the various insurance (vzw, bb, squaretrade, etc), cost, deductible etc?
    07-02-09 07:34 AM
    I think getting the insurance would be a smart move. Wouldn't you rather pay a $100 deductible (at most) than pay full retail if your device is lost/stolen/broken?

I can't really speak on vzw since I don't have them but I think no matter what carrier you have, you should get the insurance.
    07-02-09 08:01 AM
    Well I will be, that is a definite, just wondering what people think about them.
    07-02-09 08:04 AM
    Ok, I will be getting insurance. Would be silly not to with how much it costs. Now I probably will be buying at a corporate store, but maybe best buy. What do people think about the various insurance (vzw, bb, squaretrade, etc), cost, deductible etc?
    Verizons insurance for the Phones are 4.99 per month. If somethign happens to your phone and you file with insurance, it will cost you 50 bucks to repalce the phone if its broken by accident or something... much better then paying 500 bucks for a phone if you break it by accident
    07-02-09 08:20 AM
    Verizons insurance for the Phones are 4.99 per month. If somethign happens to your phone and you file with insurance, it will cost you 50 bucks to repalce the phone if its broken by accident or something... much better then paying 500 bucks for a phone if you break it by accident
    How good are they with claims? My car insurance sucks. And I thought it was 7.99 a month and $100 to replace. Thought it had gone up.
    07-02-09 08:27 AM
    I'm kind of wondering about this too. For the Verizon insurance does that cover accidental stuff? It seems like it would be worth it if we just use it once
    07-02-09 08:32 AM
    How good are they with claims? My car insurance sucks. And I thought it was 7.99 a month and $100 to replace. Thought it had gone up.
    Verizon is great with there claims, in my 13 years with Verizon so far, I had to do maybe a dozen replacement phones so for due to getting lost, ran over with the car by accident..ect... never once did verizon give me a hard time about it, the whole process goes smoothly and you get a replacement phone 2 days after you file the insurance.

if verizon has raised up the insurance to 7.99 and 100 bucks deductable, I am unaware of it so far, i thought it was still 5.99 per month and 50 bucks to replace...when did they go up??
    07-02-09 08:32 AM
    I'm kind of wondering about this too. For the Verizon insurance does that cover accidental stuff? It seems like it would be worth it if we just use it once
    yeah they cover accidents, just like dropping the phone in a toilet or something lol or running the phone over with a car by accident or even dropping it and the screen breaks or something, everything it covered
    07-02-09 08:34 AM
    They went up recently, but if you're paying 4.99 now they can't raise it on you until you get a new phone and sign a new contract.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-09 08:35 AM
    Also, while best buys 9.99 insurance is more expensive, and doesn't cover lost or stolen, with best buy you can do unlimited claims with no deductible, but with verizon it's only two claims a year with a 100 dollar deductible. Up to you I suppose.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-09 08:37 AM
    so math time. if it is in fact $7.99 with a $100 deductible.
    It would take 50 months of putting away $8 a month and $100 one time to get a $500 phone.
    doesnt seem that bad of a deal really.

edit:
    it is $6.00 a month. $7.99 is for the extended warranty and insurance.
    Also, deductible is $89
    Last edited by Syco54645; 07-02-09 at 08:41 AM.
    07-02-09 08:38 AM
    Verizon is great with there claims, in my 13 years with Verizon so far, I had to do maybe a dozen replacement phones so for due to getting lost, ran over with the car by accident..ect... never once did verizon give me a hard time about it, the whole process goes smoothly and you get a replacement phone 2 days after you file the insurance.

if verizon has raised up the insurance to 7.99 and 100 bucks deductable, I am unaware of it so far, i thought it was still 5.99 per month and 50 bucks to replace...when did they go up??
    Insurance coverage is 5.99/mo and the extended warranty is 1.99/mo, thats where the 7.99 comes from. Deductibles on smartphones recently went up to $90
    07-02-09 08:39 AM
    Insurance is good, but some have said the carrier insurance is a rip-off and that you should just add it to your homeowners or valuable items riders.
    07-02-09 08:40 AM
    Insurance is good, but some have said the carrier insurance is a rip-off and that you should just add it to your homeowners or valuable items riders.
    I have heard that before. I have renters insurance but my deductible is $500. Granted I am not savy in this things so maybe adding a phone is different?
    Also, with vzw filing a claim your rates dont go up. With homeowners I am pretty sure it would.
    07-02-09 08:46 AM
    Advanced Devices**

* $7.99 per month per covered device.
    * $89 non-refundable deductible per approved claim

Straight from the Verizon website. That doesn't sound to bad of a deal. But I wonder if the 9.99 with no deductible is the better choice?

If you went 24 months (assuming a normal 2 year contract) with the Verizon Wireless insurance you would be paying 191.76 in total with 239.76 being the price for 2 years of BB warranty. So it looks like BB warranty is the better deal as long as you replace your phone at least once. Barring any difference in the actual coverage plan. So with that is there any differences? Besides deductible and the number of claims you can make.
    Last edited by DLim98; 07-02-09 at 08:52 AM.
    07-02-09 08:49 AM
    When I click on the link when ordering a tour this is what comes up
    Feature Detail
    07-02-09 08:52 AM
    Straight from the Verizon website. That doesn't sound to bad of a deal. But I wonder if the 9.99 with no deductible is the better choice?
    If you pay 7.99 and dont replace you save $48, but bestbuy doesnt cover theft.
    07-02-09 08:53 AM
    If you pay 7.99 and dont replace you save $48, but bestbuy doesnt cover theft.
    This is true, but I'm sure you can find some sort of issue to get the phone replaced within the 2 years? Thats pretty big if bestbuy doesn't cover theft, I'm assuming Verizon does? Also is it possible to buy the phone from verizon and still get coverage from best buy?
    07-02-09 09:07 AM
    This is true, but I'm sure you can find some sort of issue to get the phone replaced within the 2 years? Thats pretty big if bestbuy doesn't cover theft, I'm assuming Verizon does? Also is it possible to buy the phone from verizon and still get coverage from best buy?
    I am pretty sure that the answer is no. Squaretrade doesnt cover loss or theft either. that is what I assume would happen first and foremost. Im not so much concerned with running it over or dropping it in water as I am with someone stealing it. I am fairly careful with my devices.
    07-02-09 09:49 AM
    the assurion insurance is a 8 buck a month well 7.99 is a must with any vzw phone with a html browser so even the env touch 2,3 dare moto krave are all 7.99 with a 89.00 deductible plus its a refurb they send you.... where as the company I work for has there own in house protection plan where its 99.99 up front with a 40 deductable plus that gives you two batteries at 15 a piece and the 40 gets you a brand new one. So its all where you buy the phone.
    07-02-09 09:52 AM
    the assurion insurance is a 8 buck a month well 7.99 is a must with any vzw phone with a html browser so even the env touch 2,3 dare moto krave are all 7.99 with a 89.00 deductible plus its a refurb they send you.... where as the company I work for has there own in house protection plan where its 99.99 up front with a 40 deductable plus that gives you two batteries at 15 a piece and the 40 gets you a brand new one. So its all where you buy the phone.
    What company? Im in pa, ill buy from there.
    07-02-09 09:54 AM
    I was looking at squaretrade and that seems like a pretty good option. Its 96 dollars for 2 years (4/month) for 399.99 which would mean you would have to pay the remaining 90 dollars. So its same deductible as VZW while being a few dollars a month cheaper.

Edit:
    Eh actually they have an deductible of 50 dollars for accidental. which means you would have to pay 140 for the new phone.
    07-02-09 10:00 AM

Assurion os only 6 a month. the other 2/mo is the extended warranty on the phone (extended warranty covers the phone after the first year runs out). You do not have to carry both.

Asurion�s WPP is insurance coverage for your wireless phone and certain accessories if they are lost, stolen or accidentally damaged*. This coverage is provided by a third�party licensed insurance agency (Asurion). As a convenience to you, the monthly fee for this service is charged directly to your Verizon Wireless bill.

$6.00 per month per covered device
    $89 non�refundable deductible per completed claim
    Equipment maximum limit: $1500 per completed claim
    07-02-09 10:02 AM
    its a bundle pack when you have a phone like that you must carry both when you sell it you can only selcet 7.99 in shopp trust me i do it atleast 5 times a day
    07-02-09 10:09 AM
    its a bundle pack when you have a phone like that you must carry both when you sell it you can only selcet 7.99 in shopp trust me i do it atleast 5 times a day
    the store that i just called said that it is not a bundle pack. if that is the case i will get home, go online, and drop it down.
    07-02-09 10:25 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD