So, this morning I noticed I received an email but my LED didn't start blinking. I checked all my profiles and made sure that the LED was set to on, which it was, but it still didn't work after a few calls I made to myself. I went into the Screen/Keyboard options and changed "LED Coverage Indicator" (the blinking green light) to ON and sure enough, it didn't work.

I thought maybe something was holding it up in the background, so I did a battery pull. When the phone was starting back up, the red LED was on so I know that it's not a bad LED. However, after starting it back up the LED still did not work. I'm not running anything in the background and the only application I installed since the LED died was WeatherBug, which I uninstalled but still did not fix the LED. I also used my Bluetooth this morning, and the blue LED light did not work then either.

Is there anything I can do to reset the LED? I'm looking through my options and I don't know what to do. I've tried changing profiles to various ones and nothing works. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    07-14-09 07:32 AM
    I had the Storm prior to the Tour and there was a problem with the OS that messed up the LED's. Typically a battery pull would fix it (in the near term). Maybe the issue has crept into the Tour OS.
    07-14-09 07:44 AM
    normaly i would suggest erasing the OS with JL_cmder, but as the current os is not available for download it would not be a smart idea. you may have to wait till an OS is released

back up your data then wipe the device by going to options, security, general, selecting the menu and choosing "wipe device"
    This will reset the device to factory settings and hopefully restore your LED functions.

If it works, restore your data through the backup and restore "advanced" section, and only restore your contacts and calender if you can, leaving the other options for you to configure manually.
    07-14-09 07:48 AM
    Tried about three battery pulls... nothing. Is there any way I can "test" the LED? Diagnostics or something? I read that if I do a complete wipe and reformat and reinstall the OS it might solve it... but the problem is I don't have the OS to reinstall. Should I just take it into Verizon?
    07-14-09 07:49 AM
    the os is available per the top post in this forum
    07-14-09 07:53 AM
    Ugh... nevermind guys.

In with half-asleep stupor this morning, I exited the clock without first turning off bedside mode. After three battery pulls and reading on various forums, it hit me like a slap to the face... after waiting for the phone to boot again, I went into the clock and sure enough, bedside mode was enabled. Turned it off and everything is working fine. Doh!
    07-14-09 08:02 AM
    Bedside mode got me today too.....hopefully they make it so when those of us who have bedside enabled when plugged in.....it is disabled when unplugged.

Thanks for posting the problem here! It was driving me crazy!
    07-15-09 07:03 PM
    OMG I had the same problem and because of your "Bedside Mode" situation, I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM and fixed mine too!!!!
    07-16-09 11:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD