My tour wasn't doing this until recently and now it is doing it a lot. The LED light will continue flashing even with no new message or alerts. Is this just a glitch in the OS. I just find it odd that it just started happening and I have had this phone since the day of release. Anyone else having this issue? I have to battery pull or plug it into charge to fix it.
    08-27-09 07:20 PM
    you running a stock os?
    08-27-09 07:29 PM
    are you using berrybuzz? if so,go back and read...it states in there to turn off something like led alerts of like that in order to stop unnecessary led flashing.
    08-27-09 07:31 PM
    Mine did that randomly until I installed a hybrid OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-09 07:32 PM
    Yes i am running the stock os. And no on berry buzz I found the flashing to be annoying and it never turned off either so i uninstalled it.
    08-27-09 07:39 PM
    Mine does it after I have listened to a visual vm then make a call. To stop it I have to open the vvm program.

08-27-09 07:41 PM
    If you can't find it there's an app called LEDReset that stops the led whenever you have those phantom flashes. Its free. Don't have a link but a quick google search will find it for you.

08-27-09 07:43 PM
    Yes i am running the stock os. And no on berry buzz I found the flashing to be annoying and it never turned off either so i uninstalled it.
    Sadly only two choices. alt+shift+del or a battery pull

Do a little research in the forums on hybrid os. Check out irtehun's 4.7 hybrid v4.2.1. By far the best and smoothest os IMHO. You will think you died and went to heaven. No bugs, No Lag, No Issues! and you get bbm 5.0. I tried the other hybrids and this is the smoothest by far.
    08-27-09 07:49 PM
    Sadly only two choices. alt+shift+del or a battery pull
    LEDReset � RIMGeeks OTA

LED Reset app.
    08-27-09 07:52 PM
    You can also reset the LED by running my free ExtraLight flashlight app. See my sig for the link.
    08-27-09 07:54 PM
    why waste memory on an app?
    08-27-09 08:00 PM
    why waste memory on an app?
    Because it fixes your problem...?!...other then a batt pull, if that will even fix it, not much else you can do. You asked for our help...

08-27-09 08:04 PM
    Thanks guys for the helps/links. Yes im with Trey i would rather loose a littel memory then battery pull every time.

Could this because I have bbm 5.0 installed? I am not positive it only stays on after a bbm message but that is the majority of my led flashing. Maybe it is just a minor bug with bbm 5.0?
    08-27-09 08:15 PM
    Keep in mind that these are really, really tiny apps. The amount of memory you lose will be barely measurable, especially on newer devices like your Tour. By comparison, my Curve starts up with only 20MB free flash when empty!
    08-27-09 09:35 PM
    Thanks guys for the helps/links. Yes im with Trey i would rather loose a littel memory then battery pull every time.

Could this because I have bbm 5.0 installed? I am not positive it only stays on after a bbm message but that is the majority of my led flashing. Maybe it is just a minor bug with bbm 5.0?
    Its 5.0 BBM causing unneeded flash.
    08-27-09 09:49 PM
    led reset uses hardly any memory anyway
    08-27-09 11:04 PM
    Yea memory isnt really an issue for my tour yet. And ya im thinking its just a bit of a glitch from bbm 5.0. Thanks guys ill check out that led reset app.
    08-27-09 11:18 PM
    Any chance you have a weather program installed which gives alerts? Weatherbug will flash the led.
    08-28-09 12:09 AM
    I actually have berry weather installed, yes. My weather advisers are "notify on new advisory", and "notify for home location only" (both checked). with custom led color on system default because I do not have berry buzz. Is this it?
    08-28-09 12:29 AM
    It might be the cause. Are you in an area getting weather alerts or advisories? Air quality, tornado alley, heat wave, ....
    08-28-09 08:47 AM
    i'm also having this problem, and it just started this morning.
    i dont have a weather application installed, i have the normal blackberry messenger (i tried to look for the version but cant find it), i have no new messages, etc.

it seemed to stop after 5-10 mins, but its happened twice and it's really annoying.

i assume its not a weird notification for a new version of anything, right? there should be a "why is my red light blinking" app.

i geuss if it keeps happening, i'll install that app listed on page 1.

i'm happy to know i'm not alone!
    08-28-09 10:48 AM
    dontthinkfly, mine will stop also after a certain amount of time.

I had one advisory though with my weather app, but i am not sure this was it. The advisory had been up since the morning, unless it will start blinking very time it updates.

I will se how it works today.
    08-28-09 11:25 AM
    yeah i think i'm taking it into verizon today, it happened like 12x and its annoying, it also decides to mute when i'm on the phone around the 2 minute mark ... and i'm not pressing the mute button or anything.

havent sent in the rebate yet, so i'll get a brand new one and lets hope it'll fix the problem.

i did download LEDReset, and it works perfectly. But, still.
    08-28-09 02:12 PM
    I haven't read all the messages, but if you are using Youmail, you have to go into youmail (in your download folder) and listern to the voicemail. Until then, the LED keeps flashing.
    08-28-09 02:49 PM
    I had this problem for the first time today, and I finally got it to go away by opening up the Berrybuzz app like I was going to change the settings. It went away immediately. I'm not sure if this will fix your problem, or even if it will fix mine the next time, but it's something easy to try.
    08-29-09 01:08 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD