I got a text message from VZW today informing me that I'm eligible for an upgrade (even though that's not true until the 24th) ... it says there will be a $100 rebate even if I order online.

The online price shows $299 less a $100 online discount. And yet the message I got clearly referred to online orders, making it look like there is a difference between the online discount and the rebate.

Anyone know? I can't imagine VZW would let a Tour go for $99 -- especially on an upgrade alone. But I thought I'd ask.
    08-18-09 07:43 PM
    If you are on the old tier New every 2 and apply it to the upgeade, the tour will be $99.
    08-18-09 08:13 PM
    If you are on the old tier New every 2 and apply it to the upgeade, the tour will be $99.
    This is not my primary line (family plan), so it's a standard upgrade. Probably $199 ... but in my estimation, worth the price.

Thanks!
    08-18-09 08:20 PM
    I jsut did this.... If you go to a VZW store the Tour is $199 AFTER Mfr Rebate.. .which comes in the form of a $100 debit card. Of course only if youre eligable for an upgrade. If youre not eligable the phone is $489.

Or you can do it online where the phone is flat out $199... no rebate.
    I tried to do it online but the thing is you have to set up your plan etc online which ended up being a pain in the ***.

Went to the store it cost me $340 out the door and I have that damn $100 card coming my way BUT... the kid that helped me out totally hooked up my plan and insurance etc for way cheaper than it would have been online. Online will be by the book. In the store they have wiggle room.

Let me know if I wrong on this. I just did it on Sunday so I dont think I am. I'm 99% positive you cannot get into a Tour for $99... unless someone screws up. I could be wrong tho.

I was older "tier 2" upgrade status. The phone I upgraded was purchased during the original New Every 2 launch when you got $100 instead of $50

~Ricky
    Last edited by n2boost; 08-18-09 at 08:22 PM.
    08-18-09 08:20 PM
    Went to the store it cost me $340 out the door and I have that damn $100 card coming my way BUT... the kid that helped me out totally hooked up my plan and insurance etc for way cheaper than it would have been online. Online will be by the book. In the store they have wiggle room.
    Why was it $340? Tax? If so that would make sense.

I've done the card thing before. It is sort of a pain. I've also ordered online and never had to hassle with the setup, since the line is already in place. I've just activated the phone online.

But thanks .. I may want to just go into a store ..
    08-18-09 08:37 PM
    I believe you can go to best buy and get upgrade pricing for $99 if your line is eligible.. thats where I got mine.
    08-18-09 08:40 PM
    I believe you can go to best buy and get upgrade pricing for $99 if your line is eligible.. thats where I got mine.
    Really?? Was yours just an upgrade, and not a new-every-two???
    08-18-09 08:40 PM
    mine was a new every two ($50 discount at verizon).. so it would've been 149 if I went to verizon, but best buy honored my NE2 at the $99 price they were selling.. I'd say give best buy a call and see if the $99 price is valid for upgrades on secondary lines
    08-18-09 08:51 PM
    This is not my primary line (family plan), so it's a standard upgrade. Probably $199 ... but in my estimation, worth the price.

Thanks!
    Correct though VZW anyway the line would get 2 year pricing and avalable rebates. If you have anoter line do not forget the BOGO offer is on as well.
    08-18-09 08:54 PM
    Correct though VZW anyway the line would get 2 year pricing and avalable rebates. If you have anoter line do not forget the BOGO offer is on as well.
    What is a BOGO offer?
    08-18-09 08:57 PM
    buy one get one for the same or lesser value.
    08-18-09 09:07 PM
    buy one get one for the same or lesser value.
    But for that, don't you have to activate a new line?
    08-18-09 09:11 PM
    Yeah the $340 was w/ tax. Online was a pain for me cuz I was making the switch to the BB w/ a data plan from a LG w/ std phone and text.

If the Best Buy thing will work thats awesome man. Wish I would have known.

The Bogo deal right now I believe only applies to the little laptop thingy but you have to buy a data plan for it as well... they didnt even ask me about it actually. It may have expired yest... Good luck man. The Tour is awesome. Im a BB newb but am loving it and havent experienced any of drawbacks a lot are complaining about. SLIGHTLY loose bat cover but thats it. Trackball has been flawless and yeah my 1st batt did go quick but thats cuz I was finger effing the **** out of it trying to learn it. I charged it full last night and havent charged it again since w/ 3 bars still remaining on the batt w/ moderate usage. Enjoy.
    Dont let us know if the BEst Buy thing works out Okay? Itll only **** me off. LOL

~Ricky
    08-18-09 09:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD