Latest Official: OS 22.214.171.1242 from China Mobile
China Mobile released official OS v126.96.36.1992 today for you lucky Tour owners. Download below.
Package Version: 188.8.131.525
Software Platform: 184.108.40.2067
File name: 9630jAllLang_PBr5.0.0_rel1735_PL220.127.116.117_A18.104.22.168 062_China_Telecom_.exe
File size: 162.64MB
(East Asia also available)
- 07-24-11, 08:27 PM #9
I installed this update and my email now actually seems to be synced with Gmail how I would actually desire it to be synced....
If I archive a message it archives, read it on the phone it is read on my web app and vise-versa...
And now some synchronizing thing has come up and is loading.
- 07-24-11, 10:40 PM #10
If I was still an os5 user, I'd be excited about this... But I'm not. I downgraded to os4.7 and its been doing good for me sms-wise. That's what made me go back
Nice to see people still developing for the tour. Its a great phone
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
- 07-25-11, 12:21 AM #13
Quick OS UPGRADE GUIDE
ELITE1's Quick OS UPGRADE GUIDE
- (Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from your PC.
- Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer to do so, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, the browser is irrelevant though.)
**If you are 100% sure that you've successfully DLed an official OS previously from RIM directly using FF or Chrome, then go ahead and just use your preferred browser again!
- Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
- On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
- Go through any 3rd party apps that have option to save settings to media card, and conduct Backup to media card from menu within each of these apps. (Examples: all Bellshare apps such as BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps such as Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; Show Me The Images; etc).
- Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
- (Optional) Use desktop program like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
- On PC, navigate to
•64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
•32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
- (Optional/Recommended) Run BB Boss or Shrink-A-OS/BBHybrids Tool.
- In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click on Loader to initiate OS upgrade. Follow onscreen instructions.
PS I've posted this before in other threads, but there always seems to be some people that appreciate a step-by-step each time.
- 07-25-11, 11:28 AM #15
While I wait for the 9930 to come out on Verizon, I'm still rocking a Tour and was excited to see a new OS. Loaded this last night, everything seems ok so far, with one exception. Seems I can't hide sent messages. I can change the setting to "yes", but it never saves. Anyone else?
- CrackBerry Newbie
07-28-11, 11:28 AM #21
- 6 Posts
I'm not too sure what I am doing wrong, but I can't get DM or Loader.exe to update my phone. I was able previously to update my phone with a carrier-supported OS, but this one doesn't seem to want to work.
I have removed all Blackberry software installed on my PC, re-installed and deleted the Vendor.xml file.
Would the fact that my phone is on a BES have anything to do with it?
- 07-28-11, 01:30 PM #22
- 07-28-11, 01:53 PM #23
All OS's are made by RIM. Your BB and PC have no idea which carrier has endorsed any particular OS (if Vendor is deleted).
Go back and double-check Vendor is gone. Haven't seen it in awhile, but with some OS's Vendor would "magically" re-appear after deleted. This would only happen once, if at all.
Always delete Vendor by holding down a shift key and clicking Delete key on your PC. This permanently deletes the file, vs just sending to Recycle Bin.
Look at my guide in Post #13 near bottom of Page 1. Any steps not mesh with how you've done it? Might want to uninstall this OS from your PC, then re-download & re-install it.
To properly uninstall an OS from PC, open Control Panel, then Programs and Features (or similar item, as it has different names in previous Win versions). List of programs on PC will populate. Highlight OS and select Uninstall at top. (Close Control Panel after.) Find the .exe file you originally DLed, highlight, hold down shift, and delete.