What are people seeing for handheld code on the Tour? I've got 4.7.1.36 and am hoping that this isn't the final build that the device will ship with.
    07-09-09 08:17 AM
    Why? What's wrong with 4.7.1.36?
    07-09-09 08:36 AM
    I thought I had seen 4.7.1.36 or 4.7.1.38, something like that. I can't find where I had seen it yet. Still searching. What's issues are you seeing with 4.7.1.36?
    07-09-09 08:36 AM
    The last couple of reviews I have seen had verizon at 4.7.1.40 but the sprint reviews had a earlier build.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-09 08:40 AM
    Why? What's wrong with 4.7.1.36?
    I've noticed that it seems a little slow and buggy compared to 4.5 and 4.6 releases. Definitely a lot of lag in the OS overall. Also noticed that the "D" keyboard shortcut in the browser doesn't do anything. Google Maps doesn't appear to work, but maybe it needs to be recoded. There seems to be new versions of most IM clients just for the Tour, BB Enterprise Messenger and Google Talk, so wouldn't surprise me if Google Maps needs to be redone.

OS reboots take quite a long time compared to other devices as well.
    07-09-09 08:52 AM
    Not that I'm doubting you, but where did you notice the lagging as compared to 4.5? I haven't been following the Tour super closely until lately (I LOVE my Storm but my mom and brother are looking for BB's)
    07-09-09 08:57 AM
    Not that I'm doubting you, but where did you notice the lagging as compared to 4.5? I haven't been following the Tour super closely until lately (I LOVE my Storm but my mom and brother are looking for BB's)
    Just in terms of overall OS response. Unlocking the device, pressing the menu key to go to the home screen, etc. It just doesn't seem as fluid as say a Verizon Curve running 4.5 or a Bold.
    07-09-09 09:00 AM
    Strange, all the videos and reviews look snappy and fluid. You either dont have one (3 posts) or have an early build
    07-09-09 09:02 AM
    I just have trouble believing that 4.7.1.36 isn't better than anything with a lower number (i.e. 4.5)
    07-09-09 09:04 AM
    Strange, all the videos and reviews look snappy and fluid. You either dont have one (3 posts) or have an early build
    Thanks, great assumptions.
    07-09-09 09:06 AM
    Thanks, great assumptions.
    Is he wrong?
    07-09-09 09:07 AM
    you must have a really early build. Should have waited to the final release built phone.

anyway, OS .40 will be on the phone
    07-09-09 09:15 AM
    Nothing is wrong with my Sprint Tour, and the build is .38. Zero lag with the trackball and the call quality is great. I'm not understanding all the problems on Verizon's side, but I would for CB to give their final review. Kevin always delivers, and if he's repeating what others are saying, then I would worry. Though personally, I've seen numerous Verizon Tours and they were perfect as well.
    07-09-09 09:16 AM
    Is he wrong?
    My only question was has anyone seen a firmware release greater than the one I have. I've been doing some testing with this device over the last week and shared my feedback. I did wipe the device and move it to a blank IT Policy, wiped the device and removed Content Protection and it seems to respond faster.

But don't believe me I've only got 3 posts.
    07-09-09 09:17 AM
    My only question was has anyone seen a firmware release greater than the one I have. I've been doing some testing with this device over the last week and shared my feedback. I did wipe the device and move it to a blank IT Policy, wiped the device and removed Content Protection and it seems to respond faster.

And CUT...ok, one more time. But this time, without the attitude...ACTION
    07-09-09 09:23 AM
    And CUT...ok, one more time. But this time, without the attitude...ACTION
    Sorry, don't mean to come across as dramatic. Just taken aback that people would make so many assumptions.
    07-09-09 09:36 AM

I am pretty sure people have answered that in this very thread. .40 is the one shipping with the phones and there is no problem with it. Read BGR's review for more.
    07-09-09 09:41 AM
    Sorry, don't mean to come across as dramatic. Just taken aback that people would make so many assumptions.
    No worries. To be fair, most of the times we see people on CB with early releases of devices they have hundreds, if not thousands, of posts. That's the only reason I was curious. It's obviously possible that someone has been using BB's for years but just found this site.
    07-09-09 09:45 AM
    Just couldn't resist digging up this thread so I could post this link:

BoyGenius Report:
    No major changes but hopefully this fixes those random slowdown and lag problems a few people seem to be having.
    08-19-09 09:04 AM
    I am pretty sure people have answered that in this very thread. .40 is the one shipping with the phones and there is no problem with it. Read BGR's review for more.
    Mine came with v4.7.1.40; ordered/shipped end of July.

I've had no issues whatsoever with my Tour.
    08-19-09 10:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD