Anyone know if a fix is coming for this? I just picked up a Tour (coming from a Curve) and am having this huge font email problem. Problem didn't exist on the Curve (checked the same emails).

From what I gather the only fix is turning off HTML email option...? Anyone know if BB plans on addressing this?

Thanks,
    -d

edit: just spoke with vzw tech support and they claim this is the first they've heard of the problem... not surprising.
    11-18-09 03:12 AM
    Anyone know if a fix is coming for this? I just picked up a Tour (coming from a Curve) and am having this huge font email problem. Problem didn't exist on the Curve (checked the same emails).

From what I gather the only fix is turning off HTML email option...? Anyone know if BB plans on addressing this?

Thanks,
    -d

edit: just spoke with vzw tech support and they claim this is the first they've heard of the problem... not surprising.
    OS 5 fixes it.
    11-18-09 04:29 AM
    They only seem to be emails from a device to a device, but email from sites, etc... Look fine...... Weird....
    i get emails from different websites and people not using devices. it only happens in yahoo and aol. gmail is fine.
    11-18-09 04:32 AM
    OS 5 fixes it.

haha. I figured... any idea when vzw plans an official release of OS v5? or is there another carrier version floating around?

thanks,
    d
    11-19-09 02:49 AM
    haha. I figured... any idea when vzw plans an official release of OS v5? or is there another carrier version floating around?

thanks,
    d
    Unfortunately no idea. Most here seem to think either before the end of the year or soon after the Essex is released (possibly early 2010). If you want you could try either the 5.0.0.230 leak or one of irtehun's 5.0 hybrids (which are amazing I might add). Keep in mind that with the hybrid you still need to download and install the 5.0.0.230 leak on to your PC as the hybrid uses it as a base. To download the latest hybrid go to bb hybrids

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Iceman0803; 11-19-09 at 03:08 AM.
    11-19-09 03:06 AM
    thanks for the replies.

I spoke to VZW and Blackberry at length today (exhausting length). VZW claimed to have never heard of the problem and RIM tried the same. However, finally admitted to having a knowledge base item on the issue (with the work around being to turn off html, lol). However, I sounds like it'll be fixed in the next update (wasn't in .61 that came out a few days ago).

Anyhow, since I only had the Tour a week, it's going back and they are sending out a Curve 2. I don't need the GSM capability of the Tour or the headache of waiting for a fix, plus the curve 2 is smaller w/wifi. I will say tho, the tour's keyboard is the best I've used to date. Hopefully the curve 2 is closer to the tour then it's first version (which was good, but nothing like the tour imo)

anyhow, just an fyi for those of you with Tour's and wondering if RIM was aware. Wasted like 2 hours talking to both of them. This thread helped them understand the issue better, suprised they don't read these forums more.

-d
    11-23-09 03:15 AM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD