Just got the 9630 Tour and was excited to download Kindle for BB. The app. downloaded fine and I was even able to download (and read) "sample" books from Amazon.

Purchased a book and when I try to download I keep getting "download failed-- try again?" error message. Can't understand why both the app. and sample books downloaded but purchased book wouldn't.

Spoke with Amazon Kindle support and they thought it was a memory issue. But I have 107 mgs. free on the BB and the book is only 1000 kgs.-- so that can't be it.

Any ideas?
    02-27-10 12:46 AM
    I managed to download two books perfectly fine. Have you tried rebooting?
    02-27-10 05:37 AM
    I have no problems either... check the space on your memory card, and if all else fail do a battery pull.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-10 07:25 AM
    I have had the same problem downloading kindle books and have been working with Amazon. Remove your sd card and try the download, the problems seems to be the sd card on some devices (mine included). If removing the sd card works for the download you can re-insert the sd card after your download is complete and be able to read your book. Hope this works for you, Amazon is working on the problem.
    02-27-10 10:39 AM
    Do you have an SD card installed in your BB? Maybe the app is expecting an SD card and one isn't installed?
    02-27-10 02:22 PM
    I would try doing a simple battery pull. That usually fixes the issues.
    02-27-10 02:51 PM
    I was able to download and read a free book!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-10 02:51 PM
    Wendye:
    I just downloaded a book using the kindle app on my 9630 by removing the sd card after the initial download failed. I simply removed sd card and click on try again box and book loaded to the home page. Re insert sd card and read your book. This issue should be resolved by Amazon in the near future. Battery pull or reloading app is not the issue, I've done all those things. Have been working with Amazon developer to get this resolved. Happy reading.
    02-27-10 03:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD