I love my Tour, just go it today. However, there's this one little itty bitty thing that's bugging me: The spacing between the screen and the first set of keys (Including the Green Call/ Menu/ Back/ Red End). There's like this.. space that's just there. Like dust can get in it, light shines through in the corners.. is anyone else having a similar situation? Should I be worried, or am I just being paranoid about a new phone??

Please reply! Thanks!
    07-17-09 08:57 PM
    ............it's fine.

Why do people get so freaked out that light "leaks"? What's the big deal? I think that the manufacturer is fully aware that the light does not stay confined within the phone. Gives it a nice glow anyway.

As for the space, there should be a plastic strip there. If that's missing (as in there's a gap between the screen and the buttons), then you have a problem.
    07-17-09 09:11 PM
    No, there is a little bit of a space in between my keys and screen too, but only at the very edge of the Send and End buttons.

There was another post about a piece of plastic possibly being incorrectly installed, but the consensus was that that wasnt the case. I think thats just the way the phone is designed. The gaps don't look the best with the backlight on though, I will admit.
    07-17-09 09:12 PM
    No, there is a little bit of a space in between my keys and screen too, but only at the very edge of the Send and End buttons.

There was another post about a piece of plastic possibly being incorrectly installed, but the consensus was that that wasnt the case. I think thats just the way the phone is designed. The gaps don't look the best with the backlight on though, I will admit.
    Yes! That is exactly what I'm talking about!! The gap! Okay so my phone isn't the only one... Good.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-09 07:52 AM
    I love my Tour, just go it today. However, there's this one little itty bitty thing that's bugging me: The spacing between the screen and the first set of keys (Including the Green Call/ Menu/ Back/ Red End). There's like this.. space that's just there. Like dust can get in it, light shines through in the corners.. is anyone else having a similar situation? Should I be worried, or am I just being paranoid about a new phone??

Please reply! Thanks!
    if you think the light leak is bad with the Tour, you should check out the storm, the entire storm all around has light leaks.

but the tour you don't have to worry about the dust issue, they fixed the dust problem for dust getting under the screen
    07-18-09 07:57 AM
    On a positive note;

That strip between the top keys and the screen is good for case manufactures. Cases like those from Seidio use that space to provide support.
    07-18-09 07:58 AM
    Yeah, I guess but I'm not getting a case. I ordered full body protection from invisible shield over at zagg (still haven't gotten it!) But its good to know that my phone isn't the only one with gaps near the call & end keys.. I was getting worried..

07-18-09 08:06 AM
    yes the kb sucks, there are alot of nit picky things wrong with this phone, but besides the endless start up times and the lack of themes, both which should be fixed fairly soon, ppl need to ummmmmmmm "get lives" and stop complaining about every little thing about this phone, im about to stop visiting this forum
    07-18-09 08:19 AM
    Its the paranoia that comes with owning anything new.. Not our fault.

07-18-09 08:29 AM
    People need to realized that, what they are talking is a mass produced "phone". They're not machined from a solid piece of plastic or metal. They're made in sections, there will be defects for goodness sake. Just make calls, email, texts or something. I'm getting bored with all these futile complaints and childish threads. It's really making this site lame.

07-18-09 08:29 AM
    May I suggest the Privacy Screen Protector. The shape is cut to perfection and helps protect the screen. I really like the way it fits and looks on my Tour.
    07-18-09 08:31 AM
    It's funny how OCD people get about their phones/bberry's

(myself included)
    07-18-09 08:43 AM
    This is what I've been talking about:

Anyone have the same/similar situation going on with theirs?
    07-18-09 09:44 AM
    OK, so when I read the first post in this thread, I looked and thought "uh, there's nothing on mine, this chick is nuts". Then read the rest and saw your picture. And btw, thank you for the picture, it makes it so much easier to know what people are talking about. And, now that I see in the picture what you mean, I looked at mine, and mine has the same thing.

And, most importantly, IT'S NO BIG DEAL AT ALL. I've seen some nit picking on this phone, but this one takes the cake!
    07-18-09 10:43 AM

No offense, but thats nothing compared to the storm. It is really a non-issue. People need to stop being so nitpicky with the tour.
    07-18-09 10:51 AM
    LOL, well I'm glad to know that I've caused some entertainment on you guys' end with the nitpicking situation. At least now I know the Tour has gaps and its not just mine .
    07-18-09 10:54 AM
    what mrstokyo does all day:
    sits at home staring at her phone bc she has no life and then posts about the most ridiculous "flaws" a human can possibly come up with

don't complain about the 10 min restart time or the fact that there is no current theme support, complain about a "gap"

congrats!
    07-18-09 07:11 PM

I have the same thing on my Tour. If you notice, the Curve 8900, Tour, and Onyx all have this same keypad styling with the plastic bar in between the screen and the keys. It's just a design cue...nothing to worry about.

If this causes dust to get under the screen then take it back to your respective provider and give them a piece of your mind
    07-18-09 08:57 PM
    what mrstokyo does all day:
    sits at home staring at her phone bc she has no life and then posts about the most ridiculous "flaws" a human can possibly come up with

don't complain about the 10 min restart time or the fact that there is no current theme support, complain about a "gap"

congrats!
    Chill out dude. I JUST got the phone.. have never had a blackberry before, and it's only natural to be cautious and curious about something that you've payed A LOT of money for.

Go eat some ice cream and stop being so grumpy.
    07-19-09 09:49 PM
    yes the kb sucks, there are alot of nit picky things wrong with this phone, but besides the endless start up times and the lack of themes, both which should be fixed fairly soon, ppl need to ummmmmmmm "get lives" and stop complaining about every little thing about this phone, im about to stop visiting this forum
    Okay...baiiiiii.
    07-19-09 10:02 PM
    Chill out dude. I JUST got the phone.. have never had a blackberry before, and it's only natural to be cautious and curious about something that you've payed A LOT of money for.

Go eat some ice cream and stop being so grumpy.
    Co-sign.

I don't think yall should be such 'meanies' to us new BB folks. We don't know any better, we're just curious. Though I don't think the light is that big of a deal its understandable why you would want to make sure your device is constructed well. My ex's ipod touch had some crap going on the side of his screen where it looked like it was coming apart from the backing & he ignored it because it was no big deal and a couple days after warranty ended his touch fell apart.
    07-19-09 10:08 PM
    picture helped. but i dont think its a problem. i kinda like the effect it gives off with the light leaking out.
    07-19-09 10:09 PM

If this causes dust to get under the screen then take it back to your respective provider and give them a piece of your mind
    I don't we have to worry about dust under the screen. If the tour is like the 8900(and I think it is). The glass on the screen is the LCD itself. This means no dust, but if it gets scratched you have to replace the LCD to fix it.

07-19-09 10:28 PM
    most full keyboards leak light in similar manners. No biggie.
    07-19-09 10:40 PM
    Reading this thread again, I just tested my 8830. It really does NOT leak light. Light emanates from the keys' letters but not between keys.
    07-19-09 11:21 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD