The keyboard on my tour is not working. The trackball still scrolls, but I cannot make any selections, type or even answer the phone. I upgraded and downgraded the os and did several battery pulls and that did not fix it. Please help anybody!!!
    12-28-09 02:06 PM
    I had that problem but a single battery pull solved this issue.

That is strange! I say get a replacement.
    12-28-09 04:06 PM
    Bring the phone into the corp store, they should issue a replacement.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-09 05:58 PM
    Sure sounds like a hardware issue. I'd bring it in to get the phone replaced.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-09 07:36 PM
    Thanks for the input. Yeah I think getting it replaced is the way to go cos I think I have searched almost everywhere and the common answer is "replace it".
    12-28-09 11:53 PM
    My Tour is only 26 days old and last night all of a sudden , the keyboard stopped working - the trackball will highlight , but when pressed does nothing
    I will be bringing mine in today - hopefully they won't give me any problems.
    01-04-10 06:31 AM
    Had this exact issue two days ago. This was my third tour, and worked perfectly. I went into the store, they told me they are no longer receiving stock, and they'd have to send me a new one. i hope it gets here today. So this is interesting, tours are dying and they are no longer stocking them? that's friggin great.
    01-04-10 10:38 AM
    the same thing happened to me on new years eve. they also told me they were out of stock so i called customer service and told them it was stolen and my new one is supposed to be here today.
    01-04-10 12:17 PM
    the same thing happened to me on new years eve. they also told me they were out of stock so i called customer service and told them it was stolen and my new one is supposed to be here today.
    It wasn't necessary to lie to them. They would give you a new one under warranty. unless there was obvious physical damage.

Anyway, FEDEX 2 day is evidently not a two day service to western North Carolina. Still no phone. I got the impression in the store that they may have had new ones, but didn't have any replacements to give me...and if i knew i'd be going on five days without a phone, i should have demanded a new one.
    01-05-10 11:02 PM
    This Happened To Meeee!! I had my Tour since August with ZERO probs.. Trackball never failed. Never a single scratch.. Then tried to check message day after New Years and no go... All I could do is scroll but no keys or clicking worked. I felt soo pissed as I was now cut off from the world lol.. Got my replacement yesterday.. But I miss the my old trackball, this one feels smaller...
    Funny thing is my old Pearl is so freaking old and is still kicking.. That phone was built to last and has seen major abuse lol.. Hopefully the Tour 2 and Pearl 2 will not be built as crappy as the current Tour.
    01-06-10 01:22 PM
    so three people's tours died within 24 hours of eachother, with the exact same problem? now if that ain't weird...
    01-06-10 01:26 PM
    so three people's tours died within 24 hours of eachother, with the exact same problem? now if that ain't weird...
    Totally is. I thought my Tour was gonna last as long as my Pearl being I never had a prob.. It just got stuck out of the blue like that.. Gotta be hardware as I use very minimal software..
    01-06-10 01:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD