so my alarm went off at 930 this morning as usual and i shut it off and went back to sleep for an hour then when i woke up the keyboard wouldnt work and none of the other buttons would either. All i could is scroll around with the ball but not click on anything. Has this happened to anyone? Any ideas what couldve caused it do this? It was just sitting on the corner of my bed during that time it didnt fall, nothing got spilled on it, and i havent had any other problems with this phone in the past.
    11-16-10 03:05 PM
    so my alarm went off at 930 this morning as usual and i shut it off and went back to sleep for an hour then when i woke up the keyboard wouldnt work and none of the other buttons would either. All i could is scroll around with the ball but not click on anything. Has this happened to anyone? Any ideas what couldve caused it do this? It was just sitting on the corner of my bed during that time it didnt fall, nothing got spilled on it, and i havent had any other problems with this phone in the past.
    Every so often the software glitches; some are more severe than others. About an hour ago mine reset when I pressed the BB key, but hasn't had a problem since. Try a battery pull. If it's nothing major that will usually put things right.
    11-16-10 04:33 PM
    Ive done about 4 battery pulls, ive tried to restore my phone, ive tried throwing it against a wall. Nothing works.
    11-16-10 06:30 PM
    Ive done about 4 battery pulls, ive tried to restore my phone, ive tried throwing it against a wall. Nothing works.
    I suspect hardware, but reloading the software might solve it if the problem is a setting or software glitch. But do a separate wipe, then load just the software - no settings.
    11-16-10 06:46 PM
    Agree and backup first!
    11-16-10 07:18 PM
    yeah i decided to just call verizon and ive got a new one coming tomorrow but im reloading my os now anyway and seeing if that helps. if not ill try the wall thing one more time then just wait patiently for my new phones arrival.
    11-16-10 08:42 PM
    yeah i decided to just call verizon and ive got a new one coming tomorrow but im reloading my os now anyway and seeing if that helps. if not ill try the wall thing one more time then just wait patiently for my new phones arrival.
    Calling Verizon is usually a good thing from where I'm sitting, some like to try things themselves before calling though: "I tried everything!". I'm fairly certain you're going to be using your Curve for things it wasn't meant for till your new one arrives, reloading the software helps sometimes but not all the time. This will most likely be one of those cases. >.<
    11-16-10 08:59 PM
    oh its a tour i just never updated my profile. Reloading the os didnt work soooo now its been disassembled for entertainment purposes
    11-16-10 11:37 PM
    oh its a tour i just never updated my profile. Reloading the os didnt work soooo now its been disassembled for entertainment purposes
    Haha right on. There was always hoping though. But then, fresh devices are always good.
    11-16-10 11:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD