So I'm waiting for my preordered Tour to arrive, my 1st BB and I figured there are some things I can do to prepare for the transition. Since i'm going from a dumb flip phone to the tour I have quite a bit of work to do.

I ordered a case, screen protector and 16gb card which arrives today. I figured these were necessities to get started. I got the Tour manual and I'm researching apps collecting links trying to collect all the info I can so that I have smooth transition to the Tour.

I'm cleaning up my Outlook and my Google, I've even written myself a 5 step instruction manual to do the transition.

I'm running out of things to busy myself while I wait. Any suggestions?
    07-02-09 09:42 AM
    Wow what a great idea.

Hey, if you collect a list of good apps/ where to find them mind posting them on here? I'm gonna start doing the same thing.
    07-02-09 09:44 AM
    The Blackberry OS takes time to learn. There are a lot of shortcuts to find out about any blackberry. Being that you never had a blackberry, don't get frustrated with the OS, it takes time to understand but once you get the hang of it, you will be addicted to it.

by the way where are you researching apps for it already??
    07-02-09 09:47 AM
    The Blackberry OS takes time to learn. There are a lot of shortcuts to find out about any blackberry. Being that you never had a blackberry, don't get frustrated with the OS, it takes time to understand but once you get the hang of it, you will be addicted to it.

by the way where are you researching apps for it already??
    1st I started looking for BB versions of Apps I already use with either my ipod touch or my old WM5 device. If I couldnt find a BB version of the software I looked into an alternative version to try out. Then browsed crackberry store and sites others have referenced in posts.

As for the OS frustration I anticipated some learning curve, that's why I figured any prep work I can do for the switch over would reduce the time I'm moving data so I can get up and learning the OS right away.
    That and I've been going into the AT&T store by my job everyday playing with the demo bold trying to figure out features (they may be onto me)
    Last edited by MKREdit; 07-02-09 at 10:07 AM.
    07-02-09 10:05 AM
    So I'm waiting for my preordered Tour to arrive, my 1st BB and I figured there are some things I can do to prepare for the transition. Since i'm going from a dumb flip phone to the tour I have quite a bit of work to do.

I ordered a case, screen protector and 16gb card which arrives today. I figured these were necessities to get started. I got the Tour manual and I'm researching apps collecting links trying to collect all the info I can so that I have smooth transition to the Tour.

I'm cleaning up my Outlook and my Google, I've even written myself a 5 step instruction manual to do the transition.

I'm running out of things to busy myself while I wait. Any suggestions?

I would like to see your five step instruction manual It may help me get started. I am coming over to BB from a Treo and am worried I will be overwhelmed.
    07-02-09 10:09 AM
    Soon to be first time BB user here. I have looked at the tips and tricks section of this site. I think the only thing i lack any knowledge of is apps. Where do i look for decent and useful apps. Is there a got to have list somewhere?
    07-02-09 10:18 AM
    I would like to see your five step instruction manual It may help me get started. I am coming over to BB from a Treo and am worried I will be overwhelmed.
    In your case you may require a 6th step do you have a Plam OS treo or a Windows Mobile OS treo?
    07-02-09 10:22 AM
    Does anyone know what apps will work with this? Apps for different BB's with same screen res & OS? or just same OS?
    07-02-09 10:23 AM
    I am also a soon-to-be Crackberry owner (Waiting on the tour) and I work for RadioShack so I have been playing with the Curve 8900 and the Bold to get used to the keyboard and the OS. I seem to be overly satisfied so far.
    07-02-09 10:51 AM
    MKREdit, you are way too organized...I am envious

I too will be owning my first BB when the Tour drops, but probably getting it at my local VZW store, less than 2 mi. away. They've been great to work with and, whether it benefits them or not, thought I'd give them the commission or sales credit.

Not having owned a smartphone before, I thought I'd just jump in with both feet (maybe not smart) and struggle through, learning on the go.

To semi prepare myself, I have used the BB 101 lecture series, which is a great source of all things Berry under the Blackberry Help section of this site. Good reading from very knowledgeable sources.

I use Outlook for my company e-mail and can still get it on my laptop when I travel. Being able to get it on the fly with my Tour will be that much sweeter.

I can't wait for the 12th, it can't get here soon enough
    07-02-09 01:04 PM
    I'm getting my first BB too, looking forwards to seeing your list of good apps
    07-02-09 01:11 PM
    I'm getting my first BB too, looking forwards to seeing your list of good apps
    me 2...

10 char
    07-02-09 01:17 PM
    Wow what a great idea.

Hey, if you collect a list of good apps/ where to find them mind posting them on here? I'm gonna start doing the same thing.
    Check out my thread for apps:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/na...r-tour-244319/
    07-02-09 01:30 PM
    i am as well. do poynt
    get the blackberry simulator to get used to the os. i did and love it!
    07-02-09 01:38 PM
    i'm so excited there are a bunch of other people moving to blackberries, and not just me
    i can't wait to get this baby!
    07-02-09 01:43 PM
    To OP: why can't every new Blackberry user be like you?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-09 01:50 PM
    My first BB will also be the Tour coming from a WM Touch Pro. I'm glad to see that there are a couple of other people making this their first BB too. I can't wait either
    I'm coming from a Mogul, so almost the same boat. Although I did have a BB way back in the day...
    07-02-09 05:14 PM
    Oh this topic brings back memories! The day I finally decided to drop my "razor" for something else was the best decision I ever did. The Instinct was new, fresh and supposedly an iPhone killer...killer it was not more like a nail clipper. After some research I went with the BB Curve and have not looked back!
    I was so excited to do my research right here on Crackberry, every piece of information was digested and stored until the day I received my Curve...OH JOY!!! All the ins and outs that I read about were finally going to be put to use and use they were. Sure there was a learning curve but like I tell everyone, my BB is like my d**k, its always in my hand.
    and with that said, you will learn the ins and outs in no time, what apps you need what apps you don't need, what case works for you what case is just dumb, what ringtone to assign to what person and my favorite the red little light/led! you can set your BB down but every time you walk pass it, you lock onto that led...waiting...waiting...waiting to see what color it is going to blink...red...green...red...green...green, damn, nothing new.
    By far the best phone I have ever had in my "cellular career" and will never get anything else!
    Enjoy your new d**k as it will always be in your hand or on your mind...don't believe me...watch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    07-02-09 05:49 PM
    Oh this topic brings back memories! The day I finally decided to drop my "razor" for something else was the best decision I ever did. The Instinct was new, fresh and supposedly an iPhone killer...killer it was not more like a nail clipper. After some research I went with the BB Curve and have not looked back!
    I was so excited to do my research right here on Crackberry, every piece of information was digested and stored until the day I received my Curve...OH JOY!!! All the ins and outs that I read about were finally going to be put to use and use they were. Sure there was a learning curve but like I tell everyone, my BB is like my d**k, its always in my hand.
    and with that said, you will learn the ins and outs in no time, what apps you need what apps you don't need, what case works for you what case is just dumb, what ringtone to assign to what person and my favorite the red little light/led! you can set your BB down but every time you walk pass it, you lock onto that led...waiting...waiting...waiting to see what color it is going to blink...red...green...red...green...green, damn, nothing new.
    By far the best phone I have ever had in my "cellular career" and will never get anything else!
    Enjoy your new d**k as it will always be in your hand or on your mind...don't believe me...watch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    lmao good analogy
    07-02-09 07:33 PM
    I really hope I like it. I am afraid that coming from my Touch Pro I am going to miss the internet browsing. I guess once I download Opera it won't be too bad so I'm not too worried. I know I am going to find myself trying to touch the screen a lot lol
    Yeah...I'm trying to train myself to just use the d-pad on the mogul and not touch the screen. I'm also seeing stuff about skyfire on BB so hopefully that takes off.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-09 08:39 PM
    this will also be my first tour and i'm trying to prepare too! i went thru the "first 5 apps you will put on the tour" thread and wrote down the ones i wanted. and i went thru the manual online for the phone to help me learn a little, since i know nothing about bberry's! can't wait!
    07-02-09 08:39 PM
    MKREdit, you are way too organized...I am envious
    Not really just getting bored waiting, besides I'm all of my friends and family CTO and recently I figured I should start writing things down so I'm not trying to remember what I did last time.
    07-03-09 09:47 AM
    Yea this is my first and I am compiling a list of apps and trying to prepare for it. I am DYING during this wait.

My first smartphone.
    My first blackberry.
    07-03-09 10:07 AM
    I am also a soon-to-be Crackberry owner (Waiting on the tour) and I work for RadioShack so I have been playing with the Curve 8900 and the Bold to get used to the keyboard and the OS. I seem to be overly satisfied so far.
    You with sprint. I work ar radio shack also and the sprint employee discount is killer
    07-03-09 12:02 PM
    Yea this is my first and I am compiling a list of apps and trying to prepare for it. I am DYING during this wait.

My first smartphone.
    My first blackberry.
    me to im so exicted i cant wait until the 12th
    07-03-09 12:14 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD